Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just had some 265/75R16 Ironman All Country M/T installed on my frontier. Took a couple comparison pics with the stock wheels and tires. Havent heard much about Ironman before my tire guy recommended them. Did a bunch of research and didnt see anything bad about them so i went for it. Cant beat the price, paid $750 mounted, balanced and installed. So far they are great. Not too noisey and have decent street manners. Cant wait to get them in the snow and dirt. The suspension is stock by the way. 2.5" leveling kit and wheel spacers coming soon.

Old vs New

stock in front vs. M/T behind.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks phatB! No idea about the previous tires, They were on the truck when i bought it a couple months ago.
ah i see. i just picked my truck up last month and i notice these BFGs have more road noise than my previous trucks Michelins that i had put on, wished the wheel/tire was the same I would have swapped them over.

no desire for a new wheel eh? those would look killer on an aftermarket wheel. I have been thinking about a new set of wheels to make the truck a bit more "mine" but it'll be years before i wear down my new loud tires :-( i guess that's good it leaves me time to save the $ for them ha ha.

·
Registered
611 Posts
looks nice they fill the well I had looked at m/t also but was worried about 3 things mpg noise an balance let us know how they're working out down the road. How much weight did he wind up using to balance them out thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely want new wheels. The stockers suck! But i have an 06 GTO at home that is my real money pit and i have plans for that this year as well. So for now the stock wheels stay. I will most likely put a coat of paint on them or something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks nice they fill the well I had looked at m/t also but was worried about 3 things mpg noise an balance let us know how they're working out down the road. How much weight did he wind up using to balance them out thanks
The noise really isnt bad. Right now with the windows up and the radio on a very low volume you cant hear them at all. Even with the radio off its just a very quiet hum. cant say anything for the mpg's yet. As for the weights i think the worst one needed 100g is one spot. but all the others were very minimal

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
nice looking MTs only drawback (as with all real MTs) is little siping for plowed snow traction. In the deep stuff (like fresh off-road snow) they should dig in & hook nicely

1 - 12 of 12 Posts