Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I am new to this forum, and a first time owner of a 1998 Nissan Frontier 4x4. It is the extended cab version, with the 4 cylinder engine and the manual transmission. The truck has 150,000 km, but mileage considered, is in excellent mechanical condition. Because I have only owned the truck for a few months, there are a lot of little mechanical issues that I have been gradually making right.
Although the body looks good from a distance, there is some paint lifting on the front portion of the front fenders because of rust. The biggest mechanical issue I will have to look at in the distant future, is that the clutch is somewhat worn, and will need attention sometime in the future. I have just converted over to synthetic oil, and this has made a significant difference in the performance of the little 4 banger.
I am looking forward to keeping the truck for a long time.
The reason I found the list, was because of a freak failure of the 80 amp fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. The symptoms were almost identical to the anti-theft immobilizer, and caused me two days of extensive reading and troubleshooting. I have checked all the wiring, and for the life of me, I can't understand how this happened.
At any rate, I am happy to have become a member of the list.
Bob

·
Registered
704 Posts
Good to have you here, Bob! There are some really knowledgeable folks who seem like good people & readily share their experiences, knowledge & humor. We’re also visual, & like to look at pretty pictures. Hint hint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, there is a real storm happening right now. When it clears up, I'll take some pictures.
Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts