Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post ... recent lurker

Two weeks ago I bought my fourth Nissan pick up. (Had a B210 back in the day)

2006 4 banger AT with 99K. Just got back from trip ... put 2K on this thing the first two weeks.

I'm sure I'll have additional questions as time passes .... BUT dang it!!!!, got in her this morning ....

smelled gas fumes .... looked under the truck to see a dark ring in the gravel .... further inspection reveals

two holes, side by side ... about 1 inch apart, with gas pouring out of them.

(Holes appear to be about 1/4 in diameter ... look like a snake bite) Truck was last driven Sunday ... to Knoxville and back .... NO issues at all. Starts and runs fine.

Seems like I saw in my lurking that this has happened to others??? Any help appreciated.

Sirkitrider

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
upon further review ... some punk or punkette has drilled two holes into my gas tank in a successful attempt to steal 3/4 of a tank of gas. Man! On the way to repair shop. Insurance will cover after deductible:-( Boy I'd like to spit some Beechnut in that ole boy's eye!

Sirkitrider

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow. I've had some jerks siphon gas from my tank before, but never in a destructive manner like that. That's crazy! Jerks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it is a plastic tank.

Its apparently a "thing" in some places. Google or YouTube it. Police officer said only the 2nd he has seen here in our normally quite town, crime wise. These battery charged hand tools are "handy", even for thieves. Back when scrap iron was so high, thugs were cutting off cat converter's with battery powered "all-saws".

Sirkitrider

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. I've had some jerks siphon gas from my tank before, but never in a destructive manner like that. That's crazy! Jerks!
Yeah, it has a NON lockable gas cap! I guess this generation of thuggish thieves don't have the skill set just to siphon the gas out the the tank.

Sirkitrider

·
Vendor
2,671 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your Frontier. Plenty of knowledgeable and friendly folks here as well as informative and insightful discussion threads. Be sure to reach out if there something we could do to help!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Back when scrap iron was so high, thugs were cutting off cat converter's with battery powered "all-saws".

Sirkitrider
One of my coworkers got hit with this when she was out of state visiting family. She left her car at the airport and when she got back she said her little suv sounded terrible, her check engine light came on, and it ran like crap. Someone crawled under there with a sawzall and cut out her cat. Good news is they caught the thieves on camera and they ended up getting arrested. They were responsible for a rash of stolen cats at the OKC and Tulsa airports. Any car they could crawl under they'd cut out the cats and run them to a waiting car and then go back for more. I can't remember exactly how many they stole. Jerks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got the truck back 3/27. Used tank installed by local Auto Body shop. State Farm paid .79 cents of the $500.79 bill as my deductible was ... $500. :-( {actually $375 for tank and install, $125 for towing which SF reimbursed towing}

Oh well, glad to have the truck back. I have put almost 3K on it the first month! Does great. Only compliant is it rides like a dadgum truck. Log truck. Geez. Some sort of suspension upgrade is in order.

BTW, installed security light in carport ... hopefully will be deterrent.

Sirkitrider

1 - 11 of 11 Posts