Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey ladies and gents,

I currently own a 2009 Armada LE 4x4 and its been giving me lots of problems and Im getting fed up with it. I love the look of the SUV but enough is enough.

I am thinking of trading it in on a new 16/17 Frontier SV .

IS this one a good deal?

What should I look for? Hows the gas mileage on the v6 compared to the Armada?

I need a v6 to tow my 24 ft travel trailer in Florida.

2016 Nissan Frontier SV in Port Charlotte, FL | Nissan Frontier | Harbor Nissan

Let me know and thanks for the replies in advance.

-Sgt USMC
Tampa Bay

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
What is weight and frontal area of your travel trailer? Perhaps those who tow can chime in re: your specs.

Will put a V6 Frontier 'maybe' a couple/few MPGs better than your Armada...but towing will be a different story due to more available power from V8.

Fwiw, the Frontier SV Crew Cab in your link is 4x2, not 4x4. The 'internet' pricing might very well be a bit too good to be true as often times they include all available incentives. Hopefully you can qualify for all of them. Also, depending on how it is appointed, I'd put the MSRP at closer to $28K since it is equipped w/ the VTP (Value Truck Package = ~$2k). Good luck in your decision making process.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello!

I looked at the listing, but I didn't see the mileage anywhere? Maybe I just missed it. Even the picture of the dash doesn't show the mileage...

That price for a 2016 does seem too good to be true. I go check it out in person.

Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Its brand new
Dang, wasn't paying attention to that...lol.

Then that's an extremely good deal. The ones in GA are $27k and above... Occasionally you'll see a deal for $25.5k. But then again, it's the end of the year, so maybe they are trying to unload it?

Good luck.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sounds like an excellent deal better check it out and nail it down. As to towing, it should tow what you want for short distances, not sure I would want to tow a 24 foot trailer cross country... Just saying. Also you will need a load leveling hitch and make sure the SV comes with the Value Truck Package VTP. Worth every penny if you plan to tow. I tow a 3000 lb tent trailer and the Frontier hardly knows it is there but it is not as big as your 24 footer.

Oh and welcome aboard!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have not car shopped for awhile but that is Rear Wheel Drive only so that is a good deal? Very nice looking truck for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ive always had a 4x4 truck or SUV so this does scare me but we will see.

Sounds like an excellent deal better check it out and nail it down. As to towing, it should tow what you want for short distances, not sure I would want to tow a 24 foot trailer cross country... Just saying. Also you will need a load leveling hitch and make sure the SV comes with the Value Truck Package VTP. Worth every penny if you plan to tow. I tow a 3000 lb tent trailer and the Frontier hardly knows it is there but it is not as big as your 24 footer.

Oh and welcome aboard!!!
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Two wheel drive will not hurt your towing. My 2014 SV was a 2WD and it towed my camp trailer just great. If you drive off-road or in lots of snow then 4WD might be in your future. Good luck.

·
Registered
441 Posts
How big is the camper?
Mine is a Coleman Elite and about 18 foot long and the weight goes over 3000 lbs when fully loaded. But because it is a popup aerodynamics does not cause much problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts