Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys I have a 2005 4.0 frontier. I had a 2.7 Tacoma before and am loving the power of the 4.0 v6. I have done a few repairs including : fix the air bag light, change to mobil 1, changed the tranny fluid and filter, broke and fixed my tailgate, power steering fluid changed and few other things. I have a whine in the front of the motor and it makes sound when I crank the steering wheel. Over all I'm happy with the extra 125 hp and torque and its a fun truck. Hope to learn from this forum and learn how to fix my issues, and improve my truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi and Welcome to the Forum.
Keep up the good work on the repairs, I have been lucky so far except a few small fixes.
I'm more trying to get it looking a bit nicer :)
Gonna cover the front seats to protect them from dirt and wear.
Still in the process of cleaning it and touching up all the scratches....

·
Registered
675 Posts
Welcome to the CF.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Welcome to the CF forums .... We like pictures around here

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys . I believe the timing chain is causing the whining noise in the front . Do you guys know if there are any new and improved timing chain tensioners that reduce the angle the chain is pushed at? I have seen some from 1a auto, wondering if the ones from Nissan are fixed too?

·
Vendor
2,587 Posts
Welcome on board! Thanks for joining us. Plenty of knowledgeable and friendly folks here as well as informative and insightful discussion threads. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts