Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to this forum, i have a 2002 Frontier with 300k+ miles! I have come across a problem and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am doing the Knock sensor relocation modification. Problem i ran into though is i keep getting low voltage input. After some digging i found the circuit should have roughly 5V going to the KS. the sensor then pulls that voltage down to approximately 2.5V.
When I check the signal line going to KS i get .04V. i thought maybe KS was bad so i disconnected it and checked the harness for voltage and it is still .04V. I believe it is a straight run to the ECU. Does this mean the ECU is bad? I know a bad ECU is VERY uncommon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I had a mechanic diagnose problem and they said they where getting 5V I.E. sensor must be bad and grounding....
I didn't think to confirm this until i ran into an issue. When i first checked the signal wire i was getting 3.2V...but after
a minute it went to the .04V.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome! We 1st-Gen'ers have our own forum so be sure to check out out.

I have done the KS mod on mine, but I didn't do any voltage checks. Just cut the harness as far back towards the engine as I could then wired it to the new sensor.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi there. I just wanted to chime in and agree with RedDR. You can find tons of useful info on the first generation forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for the greetings. I unfortunately, haven't been able to find anything is this forum that address my specific problem. I will take another look through the KS posts though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts