Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Name's Alvie and three days ago I bought a 2012 Nissan Frontier SV with about 41,780 on the odometer. One-owner and seemingly well-maintained. I have all the maintenance records, the recall repairs appear to have been done, and I had a mechanic check it out beforehand.

I'm considering an aftermarket warranty. I have quotes from Carchex, Endurance, and WarrantyDirect. So far, the last one is priced well and seems to be good coverage. Appreciate hearing people's thoughts.

-Alvie

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not a big fan of extended or aftermarket warranties. From what I've seen their job is to deny your claim. They sell you a bill of goods up front, then when you come to collect for some issue they find everything and anything that could mean they don't need to pay out. Also, for what most of them cost you could pocket that money and save it for if/when something goes wrong.

Congrats on the truck! I'd say with its maintenance history and records you shouldn't have too many issues. From my research these things seem to be pretty reliable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Foggy4X, thank you for your reply. Warranty-Direct seems to have a pretty good reputation, though saving up to cover future repairs may be a good option too. Given Nissan's, and the truck's, reputation for reliability, plus the low-miles, and proper servicing, I think it'll do well for a while. My last truck, a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT Offroad, started to truly fall apart around 163k, so I think the Nissan should have many good years of life left. I also drive 10-12k miles a year, and will not be subjecting it to any hardcore use. Once in a blue moon it'll carry a heavy load, but not daily.

-Alvie

·
Banned
98 Posts
I bought one 3 years ago and wish I hadn't. It has a $100 deductible and the only problem I've had 35k later and at 90k is the thermostat which I did myself for much less than $100. It's good for 10k/1.5 yrs more and is really only there for catastrophic failure which I don't see happening

1 - 5 of 5 Posts