Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From Ford to Nissan

Hi everyone,

My name is Rich, I traded in my 2013 Ford Focus ST then purchased my first Nissan Frontier last week, always wanted one. I bought the 2017 Frontier Pro 4X with the 6 speed manual transmission in Glacier White because 4X4 with rear locking differential and a stick. ::smile:: That and Tacoma is JUNK, those newer plastic beds break constantly

I'm a gear head, my best friend's dad owned a body shop when I was a kid, we started helping out around the shop and building go karts with broken lawn mowers and whatever we could find in the bone yard back in 1987. I officially started working in the auto industry in 1997 at Jerry Gordon's Auto Repair in Red Bank, NJ till i went to Good year changing oil, mounting and balancing tires, doing wheel alignments, brakes suspension etc, typical tire shop stuff. I moved along to Honda, made A-tech there, got bored with Honda fast, not too many models, left them in 2007 went to Toyota, made A-tech there in 3 months, ZERO MISDIAGNOSES IN MY LAST 2 YEARS AS A TECH, stayed almost a year till February 2008 then went to the insurance companies to get myself a white collar and to get out of NJ to move to NH. I hate the city, always preferred the woods, and I got tired of laying out criminals trying to snatch my wife's purse>:D. I currently inspect damaged vehicles both collision and mechanical damage, help determine liability and then write repair estimates or deny the claim with my team.

I'm currently an average working family man, have a wife and 3 kids, life's plugging along at a fast laid back pace these days. As a young man I was a competitive swimmer, grappler (High School Wrestling, Judo and Jui-Jitsu), all around martial artist studied Northern Shaolin Kung Fu and Tae Kwon Do too, mountain biker, womanizer till I got married>:D, party animal, and most of all if it ticks I have to figure out how it works.

I've been around a long time, I can repair anything with wheels, 2, 4 or more, and just about everything else, home appliances, my home, I even built this PC I'm using right now, liquid cooled it too, little radiator with two adjustable electronic fans:nerd:. Don't hesitate to ask repair questions, I can't diagnose it accurately for you over the internet but I can lead you down the correct path or give tips to help figure it out yourself.

I'm hoping to learn about aftermarket accessories, snorkels, add ons etc, because I'm not familiar with the products available for Nissan, this is my first one.

I can't think of another thing to type, that's about all of it. If you read this far down, congratulations you are a patient individual!!! ::grin::

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome, I too went from a Focus to a Fronty. Traded a despicable '13 Focus SE automatic for a new '16 King Cab 5-speed. So far I'm happy with the decision. Read your whole post, LOL.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, I too went from a Focus to a Fronty. Traded a despicable '13 Focus SE automatic for a new '16 King Cab 5-speed. So far I'm happy with the decision. Read your whole post, LOL.
Wow, you sir are a patient man ::grin:: 1 out of 65 isn't bad. Thanks for replying.

I loved the Focus I had, it was the 2013 ST turbo model, almost 1 lateral G on the skid pad, top speed of 162, six speed manual 252 HP, 270 TQ stock. It needed a lot of work though, had 107K, it was my company car. I added the total parts cost up, over $4000, time to get a new vehicle, didn't want to give up my vacation this year to keep that Ford. She was worth about $12-$13k on NADA, so I figured I'd settle for $8k.

I hit off the Nissan dealer on a Sunday when the service department was closed and signed all the paperwork >:D they gave me the $8k after I walked toward the door two or three times. I hope for their sake they wholesale it and pass it off on someone else, if they put that thing through the shop it's gonna cost them. They did pull a fast one on me, they jacked the price of the Nissan up a bit, but I still won, they have to wholesale.

Plus I needed a truck anyway, roads North of Boston, MA suck. Driving on the highway is a lot like 4 wheeling.

Enjoy your new Frontier brother, I'm loving mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts