Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Recently bought a used 2016 Frontier Crew Cab with 13k miles, absolutely love it. Truck is in great shape, except there is very minor bumper damage on the back driver's side where it was either bumped or bumped into something. There is a very small area of chipped paint and rust on the undercarriage. My concern is this chip will get bigger over time/rust more, especially as I will be using this truck to put my boat in and out of the water. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can put over this small chip to seal it? Since it's on the undercarriage, I'm not terribly concerned with aesthetics- whatever will be most effective (and cheapest!). Also, I was able to kind of pull the bumper back into place, so there is no contact with the bumper and undercarriage.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Link to picture of damage: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well you'll have to remove all the rust first by sanding. So that means removing the bumper, in which case you may as well color match the touch up repair. If you really want it done well and also for a fairly reasonable price, just arrange for a cash payment with a body man on the side and you remove the bumper yourself. It will probably be under $100 and you'd never know there was ever any damage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback, Smitty! To confirm, you do agree that this chip should be repaired? And if so, can I just use a fine file myself on the spot (it's less than an inch in diameter), and then paint it myself? Or in lieu of paint, is there something I should use?

Anyone else? Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
Pretty much ya. As long as you remove all the rust and cover it with primer, paint, and clearcoat, it will be fine.

My point is... by the time you remove the bumper to sand it correctly, and buy all the crap you need... Your half way to just paying someone else to do it right anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts