Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2003 Crew Cab frintier SC SVE i think is the correct model. I have about 200 miles so far and the milage has been pretty bad, although, the traffic was terrible as well. Other than that I really like the truck.
I have been concerned about parts for the supercharged engine, like wires, headers, anything else?
Also this truck had a junk radio installed in it. I am guessing that the radio was originally the 100w R/F 6 disk changer. I have the dealer comparing the VIN to confirm this. If it is, it the stereo worth being replaced?

Thanks
Matt :hi:

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
welcome to clubfrontier

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
Welcome to Club Frontier, I hope you enjoy your time here.
The dealer can look up the warranty history for the truck as well as some service history too.

Clint

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
770 Posts
welcome, factory regular radio, sucks, does the trick, but sucks. IMO if you change out the head unit for something better, you will also find to replace the speakers and speaker wiring. If you happen to do so, a shop will usually hook you up with a discount combining all the above, just dont get robbed by paying individual labor for each part.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I am sure that the stock speakers are junk, but the speakers in my truck seem very good. Which helps me think that it had the 100W Rockford Fosgate deck stock for the SC model. I was wondering if anyone has one and if it would be worth trying to replace...
Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
upgrading to a 200-300 aftermarket radio is a big change from stock along with speakers. and its a heavy truck MPGs are always going to suck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts