Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is John
I have a 2000 nissan Frontier , which i bought used 6 months ago. My 1st Nissan hardbody truck was bought brand new and I had it for 250,000 miles ... until the frame and the brake lines rusted thru and it could not be driven anymore . I think that Nissan trucks are the greatest and that fact makes them last forever .
I have a problem though , I do rehabs and remodels on houses, my truck has an aluminum / fiberglass cap and i carry alot of tools . The rear leaf springs are not strong enough to carry the all that weight . So I want beef up the rear suspension , either by adding more more leafs or replacing the whole spring . I was wondering if any of the leaf springs ( from a wrecking yard )from a 4x4 , extended cab , or crew cab would work and /or fit on my truck , since those trucks have heavier springs than my truck ? I am looking for something that is inexpensive .

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
welcome.
you can get helper springs, or much larger bumpstops to help with the load. the most comfortable option would be air bags.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Welcome to CF!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I like to hear of quarter million milers.

Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Welcome!

I talked to a local "spring & frame" shop a while back about what I could do spring-wise for my truck (2 working leaves and then an overload). They said they could modify current springs or could put on springs from a v-6 model (can't remember from what models). I never pursued changing them out, but changing out with the v-6 version sounded like the best option to me. Although, bags may give you the best bang for the buck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts