Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick gidday, my name is Aaron, i'm from Kangaroo Island, off the coast of South Australia.

I have just recently, in the last 12 months, gotten into a restoration of an old 87 Navara 4WD Dual cab, which I will get into in a separate thread - I think im far enough into it now to start showing some pictures and writing it up.

ance the body is right, I hope to fit some newer, more comfortable bucket seats in the front, the obligatory stereo system and otherwise just a good tidy up of a solid ute for heading out trailriding, fishing and surfing.

Azza.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Welcome to the spot. Post some pics of the progress.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Cheers mdawg, I have just done my first gallery with some photos here in the gallery section of this website.

Not sure weather to start a build thread in the '1st Gen Frontera builds' section because this vehicle is older than what is commonly referred to as '1st Generation', or wether to put it in the 'International Navara' section on this site? too many options.

Cant wait to get back into it really and get her all finished up and ready to use.

Azza.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Not sure weather to start a build thread in the '1st Gen Frontera builds' section because this vehicle is older than what is commonly referred to as '1st Generation', or wether to put it in the 'International Navara' section on this site? too many options.

Cant wait to get back into it really and get her all finished up and ready to use.

Azza.
I think we have 1 or 2 trucks in the 1st gen build thread that are not 1st gen's. This is a good point and something the moderators should look at. I think PeeWee's ride is not a 1st gen, but his write-up is in there.

Nice pics and writeup by the way, good job!! Also, I appreciate what you are looking to do, keep it a daily driver, but also have it get you around in the bush and all that. That is what I'm doing, as I have a family, but like to have a great offroad capability than your standard stock ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys, its nice to know that people are looking, this is a much bigger forum site than any others that i frequent for dirtbiking!

Sorry Frijolero, I dont know what colour it is, it was just a run-out mixed two pack that my Father in law picked up for me in town, its a bit of a coincidence that its almost the same colour as this websites graphics.

Thanks for he advice ToddG, i will consider posting a build thread there, after checking the 1st Gen builds, i felt a bit out of my depth... some guys on here go hardcore with their builds!

My nav is mechanically flawless - albeit a 4 banger, but I will leave it alone unless it needs fixing. it has a new engine put in a few years ago, and it is honestly only just feeling like its loosening up now, but I am looking at opening up its asthmatic intake tract, and maybe some exhaust work, maybe just to the extent of better piping / direct the exhaust dump in a better spot.

Cheers again!

Azza.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
gidday mate! lets put anotha shrimp on the barbay!

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
It looks like Nissan Brick red to me which is a newer Nissan color. I thought that's what you did and that's why I asked.

And please take no offense to comments like roastbeef's above. We do a lot of joking on here and you will soon be able to point out the jokers, myself included.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No probs Frijolero, no worries with a bit of flack! all in good fun. we (the FIL and I) were a bit dissapointed that the colour was not metalic, as that was the impression he was under when he brought the paint, oh well, no lost sleep, its come a long way baby!

hey Roast Beef, im gunna call you beefy from now on, because i cant be buggered typing your whole nic... but hell yeah mate... throw another 'prawn' on the barbie dude! (BTW, nice build thread, i was drooling over your write up yesterday!) see you are in O.C mate, had a couple of friends in O.C. a while ago, seems like a psycho place.... maybe for a holiday... not sure if life in the big smoke is for me...

Cheers!

Azza.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
hey Roast Beef, im gunna call you beefy from now on, because i cant be buggered typing your whole nic... but hell yeah mate... throw another 'prawn' on the barbie dude! (BTW, nice build thread, i was drooling over your write up yesterday!) see you are in O.C mate, had a couple of friends in O.C. a while ago, seems like a psycho place.... maybe for a holiday... not sure if life in the big smoke is for me...

Cheers!

Azza.
haha thanks bud! lots of people either call me "beef" or "roast." the OC is pretty nuts, but not as nutty as LA.
let me know next time you come out here for 'holiday', we will be sure to put down a 'box' of your favorite brew.
haha hows my aussie slang?

i'll be looking for your build thread!

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
haha thanks bud! lots of people either call me "beef" or "roast." the OC is pretty nuts, but not as nutty as LA.
let me know next time you come out here for 'holiday', we will be sure to put down a 'box' of your favorite brew.
haha hows my aussie slang?

i'll be looking for your build thread!
You blokes will have to chase some shielas too beef. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haa haa, not bad Beefy, not bad... you let me know when you have that box of stubbies in the fridge ok?

Ive never been there, what i meant was that some mates of mine have moved over there and some friends have met live there, right in the Huntington Beach area. There is a sick surf break right there at the jetty isnt there?

Hope you all have a good NYE.

Azza.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
hey whats the time difference... its 3:35 in OC right now

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
G'day Azza! Your '87 looks awesome. Welcome to the club mate! And don't worry, us guys from Texas understand you Aussies... I think there is some kind of space time continuum through the center of the earth that connects Texas and Oz... haha! Happy New Year!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey Frijolero, sorry mate I must have just missed your post, it was about 10 past 9 in the morning, so must be somewhere in the 6 hour range of time diff.

Beefy, i got mixed up a bit i think, the people I met were from Newport Beach? i think thats near Huntington anyway, 3 or 4 miles maybe? and a good mate i used to work with was in huntington. the former family owned a shoe shop at Newport, they had three daughters, three of the most gorgeous girls I ever laid eyes on!! guess thats why I remembered them! LOL.

Hey Razor1, yep, its one of those tiny 2.5 litre normally aspirated diesels, it has heaps of tourque down low in 4WD (pulled a leyland tipper out of a tight spot with it) but you cant ask much of its top end... it doesent like getting above 100kph.

Hi there Fishy, i get you dude, maybe there is some link, what part of TX are you in? do you fish in TX as your nic suggests? love my fishing, but dont get much time for it with the family and work and so on...

Thanx all, had a good new years, emerged this morning in great shape considering the olume of vodka i consumed last night.

Cheers all!

Azza.

·
Registered
176 Posts
"<Hey Razor1, yep, its one of those tiny 2.5 litre normally aspirated diesels, it has heaps of tourque down low in 4WD (pulled a leyland tipper out of a tight spot with it) but you cant ask much of its top end... it doesent like getting above 100kph.>"

Too bad they won't allow them to be sold here. :censor:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.