Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking the forum for about a week now as I am trying to gather as much information as I can on the 2016 or 2017 Frontier Crew Cab SV v6. They look like a nice truck that checks off a lot of boxes for me and would be replacing an 04 Silverado 1500 extended cab. This forum seems like a great source of information and hope to learn a lot from it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I actually came from the exact same kind of pick up. I had a 2004 Silverado Extended cab that I gave to my parents recently after I purchased my 2014 SV Frontier. What I really like is that I feel like I didn't lose any cabin space and it's a much quiter ride! The only thing I really miss from my Chevy is the larger bed, but I knew what I was getting into.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I miss the rear window noise from my Chevy ( 99.5 ), the ICE cold air and the bed (mines a 5 foot bed) BUT so far I like the extra 6mpg, sharper handing and easier parking.

Other then that a toddler doesnt fit well in the back seat as the car seats usually put their feet on the back of your head or shoulders.

Jump in the water is fine!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finallygotatruck, Yes! My Silverado, even after 200K miles, still has amazing air conditioning. I do miss that. Not to say my Frontier does poorly, it just doesn't compare. Much better than the Fords I drive for work though. You have to use the Max A/C option, and even that doesn't always help.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I replaced my 2012 CC Silverado with my 2017 CC SV 4x4 and like it but have had a couple small problems (mostly because of the stupid dealer)

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
I've been lurking the forum for about a week now as I am trying to gather as much information as I can on the 2016 or 2017 Frontier Crew Cab SV v6. They look like a nice truck that checks off a lot of boxes for me and would be replacing an 04 Silverado 1500 extended cab. This forum seems like a great source of information and hope to learn a lot from it.
is there a specific question you need answered?

Are you looking at a 2 or 4wd? Do you intend to offroad or modify (engine)? The BDGT supports '16 but not the '17. Otherwise you'd be looking at an Uprev custom tune. Bolt-on bits for anything 09' + will work for either (not that there's many).
Its a great truck that's long in the design tooth but that has helped reliability and kept price down. If you can get a VTP its worth it and you'll likely just add the stuff from it anyway. My 2 regrets with my purchase was not getting the VTP and not springing the extra cash for a ProX (for the locking diff & adjustable seat) Everything else I'm happy with and have modified to my liking.
For an in-between machine it can't be beat.
While the aftermarket is thin, there is a DEDICATED following (hell, look at the work Chris put into the tophats). Then there's folks like Brennan, Offroad Gorilla, PRG, Nisstec/Xterra Performance, and many many more that have added knowledge and parts to the community.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had a 02 Chevy Silverado LS. Now have a 2016 Frontier crew cab SV with the value package. Had it since March and I love it. Going into it I was not expecting to get a Silverado ride or power but its pretty darn close!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a 2016 Frontier CC SV w/ the value package.

mtyler11: There really isnt a whole lot that I would want to modify to the truck. I do not go offroading/mudding. This truck will however tow a small flats boat and is my daily driver. I would love to, at some time, get a small lift 2-3" and get slightly bigger tires which would be strictly for appearance. I really like the nfab nerf step bars or others that have a similar look.

I am now looking for seat covers and all-weather floor mats. If anyone has a recommendation on where I should start my search that would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a 2016 Frontier CC SV w/ the value package.

mtyler11: There really isnt a whole lot that I would want to modify to the truck. I do not go offroading/mudding. This truck will however tow a small flats boat and is my daily driver. I would love to, at some time, get a small lift 2-3" and get slightly bigger tires which would be strictly for appearance. I really like the nfab nerf step bars or others that have a similar look.

I am now looking for seat covers and all-weather floor mats. If anyone has a recommendation on where I should start my search that would be greatly appreciated!
Man I've got every answer you need!

2 inch lift > coils and aal

265/75/16 tires (one size up from SV stock size)

Max liner Amazon all weather floor mats. Cheaper than weather tech but just as good

Seat covers are CoverKing Neoprene from their website direct

Steps are TAC nerf bars off Amazon (super cheap relatively)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts