Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I picked up a brand new 17 CC SV V6 4X4 6 speed last Friday. The 6 speed was a must have for me. I really don't enjoy driving cars with automatic transmissions. Plus, the 6 speed comes standard with the SV Value Package. My truck is gunmetal gray.

The odo just rolled 300 miles : ) It's been a lot of fun so far. I traded a 2013 Subaru Forester XT (Turbo), so this pickup is a huge change. There are 5 of us in my family (wife + 3 girls) and we try to ski every weekend December through April or May. Took the Nissan on the trip last weekend and it fared great. No mods planned, but I did order the Extang Trifecta Signature 2.0 a few days ago.

MPG at first fill up was 18.6. That exceeded my expectations, though I nursed the throttle a bit for much of the tank.

Lots of good info on this forum. Previously, I was a member of the Subaru Forester forum. Got a couple of ideas for fun or useful threads from the Subie forum.

I was thinking about starting a "What did you pay for your Frontier?" type thread to help out prospective shoppers. I've searched and don't see one here. Unless someone says otherwise, maybe I'll get that rolling soon.

Looking forward to hanging out and learning lost about my truck. Hope everyone is having a good day.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new truck.
As far a staring a new thread on "What did you pay" there are several....
Here is the latest one but it has not been active since 2015:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/how-much-did-you-pay-your-truck-196177/
So it might not hurt to start a new one.....

You may already know this but, our / your truck , second generation frontier has been the same generation since the year 2005 so pretty much every topic has multiple threads already discussed. So it will be hard to get way from that.

If you think of it post a pic of your truck, we all love looking at truck pics.
Again congrats and welcome.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Hi all.

I picked up a brand new 17 CC SV V6 4X4 6 speed last Friday. The 6 speed was a must have for me. I really don't enjoy driving cars with automatic transmissions. Plus, the 6 speed comes standard with the SV Value Package. My truck is gunmetal gray.
Smart man!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Smart man!
When I first started looking at the Frontiers, I wondered why the base price for the 6 speed was actually higher than the auto. After a little digging, I realized it was because the SV Value Package is included. Auto tranny for Value package, wonderful trade in my opinion!

Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new truck.
As far a staring a new thread on "What did you pay" there are several....
Here is the latest one but it has not been active since 2015:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/how-much-did-you-pay-your-truck-196177/
So it might not hurt to start a new one.....

You may already know this but, our / your truck , second generation frontier has been the same generation since the year 2005 so pretty much every topic has multiple threads already discussed. So it will be hard to get way from that.

If you think of it post a pic of your truck, we all love looking at truck pics.
Again congrats and welcome.
Thanks for the link. In that thread, there is a link to another price paid thread. That one has a lot more recent activity, even some from 2017. No need to start a new one now.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Congrats on the new whip! Welcome

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
When I first started looking at the Frontiers, I wondered why the base price for the 6 speed was actually higher than the auto. After a little digging, I realized it was because the SV Value Package is included. Auto tranny for Value package, wonderful trade in my opinion!
Congrats on your new beast!

Was in this same predicament in late '14. No salesman or sales managers, not even corporate (yes, I called them) could explain why I couldn't get the VTP w/ the 6-sp and yet it cost more than an auto trans SV sans VTP. Found out the SV 6-sp weighs more than the SV auto trans = hmm? A Pro4X 6-sp weighs less than a Pro4X auto trans = hmm?? Finally called a dealership 800+ miles away that checked off each of the VTP items as being on the window sticker of a 6-sp SV on his lot = A~HA!!
Factory ordered mine and it took 18 weeks for delivery = worth the wait!

It's all here if one looks hard enough:
https://ppg.nissanproduct.info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts