Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. Recently traded in my trusty old 2004 Wrangler on a very clean 2011 SV CC/SB 4x4. I had my eyes set on used Frontiers or Tacomas for quite a while, but realized that the Frontier was the best bang for the buck all around. Thanks to this site and some others, I was able to determine that 2011 was the base year I wanted to start at, as the known radiator and timing chain issues were resolved for that model year, so that eliminated a lot of effort in searching. I eventually found a 2011 that rode better than most of the newer examples I looked at, despite having higher miles than most (touching 100k), and I also suspect it has the lower available gear ratio for the SV, as it had noticeably more pull from a dead stop than all others I looked at, so I think I lucked out there.

The 2011 has a couple of minor annoying interior issues that need to be resolved and that is about it.. I will most likely do the rad bypass as well just for the hell of it, even though Nissan says the radiators were fixed. Hope the info will come in handy.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Hello and welcome

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts