Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Frontier owners. I am a vendor with Nissan NA, and service all their manufacturing plants here in TN and MS. I have been brand loyal now for 8 yrs, buying all new with the VPP. I have a 2015 Frontier Pro4X Crew Cab, 4.0 V6. Have had several issues since new, and under warranty a new radio/nav replaced. I drive daily for my vending routes, and have 122k on the truck. For the past several months now, my head unit/nav has been freezing up. Won't power up for several hours. I spent the 100.00 for the latest update SIM card, installed it yesterday 1/5/18. Got in truck this morning, same thing no power no back up cam, nothing. At one point is displays a digital screen showing update failed, and initializing 0/100 updates. Even though, yesterday, it downloaded all updates and reset itself and everything worked. I have pics to show as well. Can anyone please help me figure this out. The dealer I purchased it from, said it just needed the Sim update. Well, that did NOT work. Help me please!!!!! Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,123 Posts
Saw in another thread that there are a few fuses in/near the +/positive post battery terminal that can come loose/blow. Worth a look...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw in another thread that there are a few fuses in/near the +/positive post battery terminal that can come loose/blow. Worth a look...
Thank you so much. I wondered that, when I popped the hood this morning. I unscrewed the terminal, and back. But still didn't come on. One of the fuses looked rough. Thanks for the heads up. I pulled the interior fuse, but no luck. Will try the outside post on battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, went to auto zone, and the fuses are fine. So back to still not knowing what the cause is? The radio has since come back on. So now I must wait again for it to freeze up. May it be a loose wire on the head unit behind the dash?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have two completely different theories:
Bad/weird ground issue someplace.
SD card is corrupt or the SD card drive is losing it's mind.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have two completely different theories:
Bad/weird ground issue someplace.
SD card is corrupt or the SD card drive is losing it's mind.
Thanks for your input? Any idea how to test either? Will be taking it to the dealer Monday, but it is out of warranty, and don't want to spend a lot on them looking. Would a new unit from best buy, aftermarket be better?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never took it. Instead, contacted Nissan corporate, and they responded within am hour. It was over the weekend, but got a follow up today, that a rep will contact me tomorrow to discuss the problems. Good thing is, I have videoed and documented with pics all the problems. The other, another electrical, is when I hit the reset button for mileage and mpg, the actual mileage sets to all 0 numbers and dashes then comes back up on dash same mileage. So sad electrical issue. Just went to the Canton truck plant today for my vending route, but they are off for MLK day. So we will see what they do, if any. Hopefully, since it's on record the unit has been replaced before, they will honor it and pay for the repairs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts