Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

New to the forum. I've had my Frontier for almost a year now, and Love it! Grew up with old nissan pick ups and my old man bought the OG Titan in 04. I look forward to learning more about Frontiers in this forum and meeting some of you local Georgians.

My Frontier is a Black 2011 Crew Cab SL 4x4 and her name is "TruckWanda". For the most part she's stock, although simple mods include weather tech floor liners and window vents, an AFE throttle bottle spacer, and a custom dog cage in the bed. Currently awaiting my Radiator and Engine Bay skids from Hefty Fab works.

TruckWanda, Beba (my dog) and I align ourselves with more of an Overlander approach and take every opportunity we get to explore the great outdoors!

Esteban
frontier cohutta.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow Atlantan. Where do you take your rig out around here? It looks like that pic was taken in North GA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys

Yah, the pic was in Cohutta! @Pro-2X

I haven't done much wheeling in the metro area. But there's a nice spot off of Key Road in south east Atl. @16PRO4X

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'll need to go back up to Cohutta at some point. Havent been through there since I had my old truck. Debating if I want to go there or Tray Mountain this weekend.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Welcome.

Like the pic.

Just some friendly advice ...and you may well already know this.
If you are doing medium to major off-roading you would be better off removing those stock side step rails / nerf bars.
If you hit a rock or stump on the side they can cause more damage than with out them.
See this clubfrontier thread:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/step-rails-nerf-bars-off-road-use-76583/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks @MNCarl

I was actually researching rails last night. They are on the top of the priority list. And I'll be putting in the order, probably with Hefty Fab works, at the beginning of sept. At least thats my initial plan and idea.

I hadn't thought about the fact that the may cause more damage with them, rather than with out. So i'll take the advice and take them off before trips, and bolt them back on while in the city (short gf problems)
@16PRO4X I was in Cohutta and Tray Mountain in the past month. Lots of closed trails in the Cohutta area, and while there was more mud there; Tray Mountain offered more technical ridding. For a day trip my moneys on Tray Mountain Trail and Chimney Mountain Rd.

·
Registered
161 Posts
@esteban1 is the technical bit of Tray doable in a stock truck? Your's looks stock too so I'm assuming it is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@16PRO4X it is doable in a stock truck. You may drag the rear bumper in a couple spots, depending on the line that you pick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts