Nissan Frontier Forum banner

New member here looking into the Nissan Frontier

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Rdog 
#1 ·
Good evening everyone. I joined the forums in hopes to get to know more about the Frontier more and to know experiences from actual owners of the truck. I hope to learn more about the truck! Thanks and have a good evening!

#2 ·
Welcome! This place is a great wealth of knowledge for sure!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Once you have made your introduction post here in New Members, the other sub-forums open up for you to post; this is detailed in length in the Rules you would have clicked that said you read. Welcome to the Club, there is all kinds of info here to absorb.

#5 ·
Gas sucks and turn radius is awful on the crew cab 6 banger.

Other than that, it's a great truck (on my 3rd - '93 Hardbody, '00 King Cab, '12 4X). Many of us have bought a Nissan Certified two or three year old model vs. new and save thousands (more $ to mods).

Good luck in your search.

#7 ·
My take on the fuel economy thing is, a Frontier is no worse than any other similarly equipped make/model truck. Turning radius is bigger than a Tacoma, but again, not a bad thing as it's easier on CV joints/shafts and 4x4 system IMO.

To me, a Tacomas interior feels smaller as well.

Not sure if you're looking for new or used, or if you mind previous rentals, but I've seen very low mile 2017 previous rental Frontier SV, crew cab 4x4s for $22800. A bargain for what you get IMO.

#8 ·
Have a 17, 4 door 4x4, w/v6...Have not had it long enough to really comment on mileage, but did notice the turning radius the first time backing into my drive way.

I was going for either a tacoma or frontier when looking for it. I had a taco in the 90's and it was a great truck...the newer ones, while I loved how they look on the outside, I hated the inside, mostly because it felt like it had terrible visibility, big nose, short windshield, rear head rests block a lot of the rear windows...and they cost more.

I don't know if in a few yrs time I will be a "all Nissan all the time guy" like I was once with Toyota, But I really like the truck so far.

First, it seemed to be a lot of truck for the money.
Second, it feels like a truck (in a good way). And has plenty of visibility.
Third, for what I wanted, and with my amount to spend, there wasn't a lot of other choices.

Like I said, time will tell. maybe in the future I'll go back to Toyota? But right now, even if they were the same price, the Frontier felt better to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.