Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I own a 2014 SV crew cab long bed. Just bought a trailer and hope to work out some towing issues.

From the door panel sticker it has the carrying capacity at 1047lbs. It also has an additional sticker saying the carrying capacity has been reduced by 198lbs. What possible modifications would cause the reduction?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I considered that. I have a leer cap installed but I called the leer installer and they claimed it wasn't them. If it isn't the cap, I'm down another 200+lbs and don't have much cargo capacity when I plug in my trailer. I'm hoping I am missing something obvious

·
Registered
10 Posts

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Is that the sticker?

My guess is its due to the additional equipment in the value truck package...namely the utilitrac and bed liner.

·
Registered
592 Posts

... My guess is its due to the additional equipment in the value truck package...namely the utilitrac and bed liner. ...

I think you are exactly right - the value package. I have 2013 King cab with manual transmission and yet the weight reduction on the sticker is the same - 198 pounds. Probably the biggest part of that is the receiver hitch and related items.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the value package reduction, my leer cap and the tongue weight on my trailer at around 350lbs, there is just enough left for myself and the dog. It easy to forget it's a crew cab but you can only take the crew if you don't have any cargo. Might need to start looking at the Titan.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have one on my 2016 CC SV also. I don't have the track system. It has to be the hitch, bedliner, & 2 inch ball receiver

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts