Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

There is a lot of great information on this site, I've been looking it over for the better part of a year as I was deciding what I wanted to ultimately do to my 2016 Pro4X.

I drove my truck stock for about a year to try to understand its current capabilities and maybe better understand what I needed from it and what I wanted to do to it. It has performed admirably so far (though I haven't really tested it much).

I finally started my first mod this past weekend by installing an ARB Deluxe Bull Bumper and a new winch.

This is when it occurred to me to join the forums so I could actually post some questions, share what I've learned, and document my build.

Shawn

·
Registered
893 Posts
Welcome .

Sound likes a great start....with the ARB bumper and the winch.
What kind of winch did you purchase?
Also please post a pick of your truck with the ARB bumper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After deciding on a budget, and comparing a few winches I ended up narrowing it down to the Smittybilt X20 10k winch.

I liked the specs on it and when looking at comparable winches it seemed like one of the better deals out there. The IP68 waterproof rating seemed good to have if ever needed (I am not a creek or submerged vehicle kind of guy, but never say never I suppose).

I should be getting my tree saver from Amazon today and then I will head out to nearby park that I drove by this morning and winch my truck up the incline to get the cable spooled properly.

If I am being 100% honest, I'll likely never use it for any legitimate recovery - I'm more of a camping with my wife and dog kind of guy. However, now that I have it, it might become awful tempting to find a reason to try it out.

I still need to spool the cable and install my fog lights sometime this week.

I have also started a build thread here.

·
Vendor
2,584 Posts
Hi Shawn, welcome on board! Nice to have you here. There is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. If you ever have any questions, there's definitely a great team of owners and vendors that are happy to help.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thank you for starting a build thread....we all learn from each other.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I am glad to see another Texan here

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Nice

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I've heard great things about the X20 winch!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts