Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:comphead: Hey there Cowboys. I am from Conroe, TX and have a 2008 crewcab LE Frontier. Good truck, but front end bottoms out when going over speedbumps at moderate speed. It seems to be weekin the front. Any ideas? I like this forum and will be looking at it quite often :comphead:: jayboy from Texas

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
welcome to the club

·
Registered
250 Posts
Any chance that your truck has a leveling kit in the front? I've heard that you can get an occasional contact with a leveling kit.

I've got the same truck (no leveling kit - stock suspension) and hit speed bumps at 15-20mph with no problem and take some really rough railroad crossings at high speeds without bottoming out.

·
Registered
219 Posts
howdy fellow Texan. welcome to the club. a lot of great info on here.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Welcome to CF!

·
Registered
843 Posts
:comphead: Hey there Cowboys. I am from Conroe, TX and have a 2008 crewcab LE Frontier. Good truck, but front end bottoms out when going over speedbumps at moderate speed. It seems to be weekin the front. Any ideas? I like this forum and will be looking at it quite often :comphead:: jayboy from Texas
Howdy neighbor, I'm from Willis just North from you.

Welcome and you should not be having those problems. Take it to Streater Smith Nissan in Conroe. They have always treated me OK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Weak front end on Frontier CC LE '08

Any chance that your truck has a leveling kit in the front? I've heard that you can get an occasional contact with a leveling kit.

I've got the same truck (no leveling kit - stock suspension) and hit speed bumps at 15-20mph with no problem and take some really rough railroad crossings at high speeds without bottoming out.
Mine is a long wheel base which could be the problem. I have been to Streater-Smith Nissan in Conroe and they said they have this problem on a frequent basis, but they do not have a fix for it. What about Nismo Bilstein shocks or Ranchos? Also Monroe makes a comlete strut package with springs include. I wonder if the springs are stiffer? Send me some info and thanks for the replies, They ARE helpful!!!!!!!! jay.boy Conroe Texas:hi:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts