Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just found this site and wanted to say hello to everyone. I just picked up a new 05 Frontier Nismo CC Blue on Saturday. I traded in my wife's 04 Xterra XE and received 16K for it and put it down on the Fronty. My wife wanted my Xterra instead of hers. I also had an 04 Xterra SE, Solor yellow. So I will probably be here alot asking many questions.
Thanks Everyone

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Welcome! That Electric Blue is an awesome color! That would have been my second choice if I hadn't of found one in Aztec Red!

BTW, I replied to your post about the body side molding before seeing this post, so I didn't know the color of your truck. So, I'd still recommend the color coded molding, but the black would probably look good on the blue truck as welll! I went with the color coded molding on my Aztec Red NISMO, and it matches perfectly!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I just got back from the dealer and I ordered my parts. I ordered the color coded side molding and the step rails. I should get them by Friday so Staurday is when I will install everything. I will get some pictures up when I get everything on.

Bill

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Bill,

Out of curiosity, and if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the parts at the dealership?

After I bought my truck I asked the dealership's part's department about the body side molding and was told it would cost me a little more than $120.00 and they only could get them in black! I went through www.yournissanparts.com and got the color coded ones for under $80.00! I didn't even ask what my Parts Department wanted for the step rails, I just ordered them through YNP's figuring they would be cheaper!

I need to get off my butt and get some pictures posted as well, but aside from the step bars and body side molding, my Avatar is my truck!

BTW, where in Maryland do you live? I lived in Dunkirk for about a year back in 1999 while stationed at Andrews AFB...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Paul,

I went to my local Nissan dealer and you know that they will charge more then buying them online. Anyway, the total cost with tax for the complete set of color coded side molding and the side steps, it came out to $439.00. I should get them by Friday. The steps were $320. and the molding was $49.50 each side.

Bill

I am from Germantown which is in Montgomery County.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Bill,

That's not bad, your parts department is very reasonable! For future reference, you can receive a 10% discount from yournissanparts.com using the code: clbttn. Tthe total there would have been $368.89 after discount and S&H. They are based out of New Jersey, so your shipping may have been less. They are good folks and treat us Frontier customers right! I'll be ordering a few more parts from them later today! BTW, the installation of both the body molding and the step bars was a peice of cake! Have fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts