Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, this is my second frontier which we call D22 here (up to 2014)

Was looking for a more, in depth active forum for these ute's and found this page.
So hopefully with my extensive-unnecessary work I've already put in to mine I can help others with theirs.

1998 Ka24e(t) Dual Cab chassis & a 2002 Regular Cab Ka24de(t)

·
Registered
226 Posts

Was looking for a more, in depth active forum for these ute's and found this page.
So hopefully with my extensive-unnecessary work I've already put in to mine I can help others with theirs.

1998 Ka24e(t) Dual Cab chassis & a 2002 Regular Cab Ka24de(t)
Welcome to the forum. Have any pics of that single cab ?

·
Registered
804 Posts

1998 Ka24e(t) Dual Cab chassis & a 2002 Regular Cab Ka24de(t) View attachment 333919
Welcome to the forum! In North America I believe the D22 was what we call a first generation Frontier, and was built up through 2004. I don't know what changes Nissan made to the D22 in foreign markets starting in 2005 and later.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome to the forum! In North America I believe the D22 was what we call a first generation Frontier, and was built up through 2004. I don't know what changes Nissan made to the D22 in foreign markets starting in 2005 and later.
Wasn’t it known as the Navara, then everyone got a newer gen before us?

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,906 Posts
We never got those beds with the integrated hooks after the end of the Datsun/Nissan 720 series here. Always thought they were interesting looking but apparently Nissan didn't think the American market would care for them.

We also lost the single-cab for '02 when the crew cab with the 6' bed came out. I suspect they just figured that we'd not want them anymore.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We never got those beds with the integrated hooks after the end of the Datsun/Nissan 720 series here. Always thought they were interesting looking but apparently Nissan didn't think the American market would care for them.

We also lost the single-cab for '02 when the crew cab with the 6' bed came out. I suspect they just figured that we'd not want them anymore.
I wish I could get the bed without the tow hooks, a single cab bed is Super rare here, I drove 9 hours to get that one.
This bed is from a 2004 4wd but it has the square 98-99 style tail lights similar to d21.
It use to have a service box (Mobile phone company that was 2m Long x 1.5m Wide x 1.5 Tall toolbox)

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Welcome from Down Under, Mate. Good to have you. So both of yours are turbos?

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,906 Posts
I wish I could get the bed without the tow hooks, a single cab bed is Super rare here, I drove 9 hours to get that one.
This bed is from a 2004 4wd but it has the square 98-99 style tail lights similar to d21.
It use to have a service box (Mobile phone company that was 2m Long x 1.5m Wide x 1.5 Tall toolbox) View attachment 333924
Is tha the 6' bed length or the longer one?

We also never got the D22 with the longer bed. Even the D21 with the longer bed was discontinued pretty early.

I always liked the cab and chassis trucks. They did for awhile sell a D21 with a one-ton rating, I suspect it was the same frame as the cab and chassis model but with a bed bolted on and a conventional two-wheel axle instead of the dually. As far as I am aware that cab and chassis wheelbase we had in North America is the same as the king cab with the 6' bed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome from Down Under, Mate. Good to have you. So both of yours are turbos?
1 was, which I have sold off- and this one is waiting on some new valve collets before I can put the forged bottom end back together with the ported head etc

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is tha the 6' bed length or the longer one?

We also never got the D22 with the longer bed. Even the D21 with the longer bed was discontinued pretty early.

I always liked the cab and chassis trucks. They did for awhile sell a D21 with a one-ton rating, I suspect it was the same frame as the cab and chassis model but with a bed bolted on and a conventional two-wheel axle instead of the dually. As far as I am aware that cab and chassis wheelbase we had in North America is the same as the king cab with the 6' bed.
Not sure tbh, I briefly recall the dual cab and single cab chassis exactly the same except the single cab has one extra bed mount on the chassis

·
Registered
222 Posts
Clean looking truck you got there. Welcome

Reactions: UnknownNugget

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Welcome!

Thinking about your comments, a turbo on the 4.0L would be an interesting build.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts