Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just traded in my 04 Titan Offroad 4X4 Crew Cab for a 2010 Frontier 4X4 CC SE 4.0L (Brick Red). Loved everything about the Titan but the fuel mileage but it had 174K miles on it and I wanted a change. I am impressed with the Frontier and can only assume it will give me the same trouble free service as my Titan. Great message board.....very informative. I saw nothing else that even came close.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I like that color. Its a great truck, glad your Titan did well for you. We actually have a Friten on the board - a guy put a VK56 (titan V8) in his Frontier lol. This board rocks and has all the info. that you could ever need.

I would be curious to hear some of the pros/cons of a titan vs the frontier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you.

I have only had the Frontier for a few days now so I can only give you my limited impresions so far. The Titan is huge compared to the Frontier but the Titan also drives "Huge". It is not very woods friendly. Although I never had a transmission failure the small rear chunk on the Titan always worried me towing and the trans would get hot. I don't understand why they don't just put in a larger rear differential and be done with it. The Titan developed sqeeks and rattles prematurely in my opinion. The power and the sound of the engine in the Titan is better than anything I have ever owned in a gas engine. Although it was hard to maneuver in the woods, it was solid off road. Although the Frontier is smaller I have already gotten used to it. I am 6'2" and 260lbs and I feel comfortable in it. I have not put my foot in it yet but the 4.0 feels stout enough to handle my needs. I feel a dead spot or lag in the auto between 2nd and 3rd. This may very well be because I am not getting the RPM's up quickly enough. Contrary to what others say, my experience and 4 friends who own one also in fuel mileage with the Titan was 11 city and 15 hwy. I had no modifications. These people saying that they are getting 16 city and 20 hwy confuse me to say the least. People who compalin about the Frontier's fuel mileage should try driving a Titan for a month or two. :)I will be able to give a better comparison after I take the new truck to the woods and tow my ATV's but as of right now I am actually more impressed with the Frontier than I was with the Titan.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Every time I see the wheels on a 09+ SE, I wish I had them... oh well.

Welcome to the club! :hi:

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts