Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
Happy to say Hi from beautiful British Columbia, Canada. This is our first pickup, purchased to haul a sweet little trailer called an Armadillo that's built right here in our province. It's just out of the factory and we go to pick it up in a couple of weeks. We're excited! :)

This is throwing me into the fire hose of learning everything one needs to know about hauling a trailer with your frontier. Scary and exciting all at the same time! I expect that this forum is going to be a welcome and useful resource for us. Looking forward to chatting with you ...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to CF.

Is your truck equipped with a towing package??

I was going to ask about the trailer weight, but I read on their website where it's only 1600 -1800 Lbs., so you're good. And of course, it also has trailer brakes. If you've never towed a trailer, be careful and take your time.
Have fun.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Armadillo Trailers are Only Available in a 13.5' Model
Specifications

• Exterior height 90" (7' 6") With Vent is 94" (7' 10") 13" Tires
  • Exterior width 80' (6' 8")
  • Tire size 13" 4 1/2" x 5 Bolt hub pattern
  • Approx overall weight 1800 lbs (may vary with options)
  • Approx Tongue weight 180 lbs (may vary with options)
  • Trailer length 162" (13.5 ft)
  • Frame width 50" (4' 2"
  • Interior height 73" (6' 1")
  • Interior width 77" (6' 5")
  • Interior length 120" (10')
  • Axles - 1 Torsion Suspension
  • Frame 2" x 4" x 1/8" enclosed steel
  • Electric Brakes Yes

·
Registered
662 Posts
Welcome to the forum & enjoy your new truck & trailer!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to CF.

Is your truck equipped with a towing package??

I was going to ask about the trailer weight, but I read on their website where it's only 1600 -1800 Lbs., so you're good. And of course, it also has trailer brakes. If you've never towed a trailer, be careful and take your time.
Have fun.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Armadillo Trailers are Only Available in a 13.5' Model
Specifications

• Exterior height 90" (7' 6") With Vent is 94" (7' 10") 13" Tires
  • Exterior width 80' (6' 8")
  • Tire size 13" 4 1/2" x 5 Bolt hub pattern
  • Approx overall weight 1800 lbs (may vary with options)
  • Approx Tongue weight 180 lbs (may vary with options)
  • Trailer length 162" (13.5 ft)
  • Frame width 50" (4' 2"
  • Interior height 73" (6' 1")
  • Interior width 77" (6' 5")
  • Interior length 120" (10')
  • Axles - 1 Torsion Suspension
  • Frame 2" x 4" x 1/8" enclosed steel
  • Electric Brakes Yes
Thanks Michael, and everybody else that gave me a big hello. My Towing 101 course is well under way! :) I'm picking up a Nissan tow receiver + their wiring harness on Tuesday from a local dealer. Their parts guy was very friendly on the phone and was musing aloud about why I was wanting to pick up a Nissan hitch when I could get one much cheaper via Curt or Tekonsha (names I had never heard of a week ago!). Very nice of him to point out that cheaper alternative! I answered it's because I'm a newbie, and the fact I don't have to worry about making a custom bracket for the 7-way RV plug was a big win for me and worth the extra money. I've also got a Primus IQ + Tekonsha cable adapter on the way from Amazon. That much I can figure out on my own. (And if you have different answers, I don't want to know! It's too late. :) )
Howard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts