Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just bought a 2018 Pro4x Crew cab. This is the first pickup I have ever owned. I had bought an Xterra new back in 2009. After 3 years, I was itching for a sports car so I traded it in for 2002 Porsche Boxster S. This is hands down the most fun car I have ever driven. Thing was the last few years it sat in the garage covered for weeks at a time. It had 107k miles and my daily driver is at 95k miles. I needed a lower mileage practical vehicle. I thought Jeep Unlimited but then started thinking pick up, mid-size. Knowing Nissan's are pretty bullet proof and the Frontier hasn't changed in 600 years, things would be sorted out. So I traded my Porsche in for another Nissan. I also started riding an off-road, adventure motorcycle and thought the Truck could be useful for hauling it around. I have to figure that one out as the 5' bed is shorter than the bike. Once I figure it out then if I break down in the woods, my wife can come in and get me

I am on all kinds of forums like this for Porsche, Adv Riding, etc so I look forward to getting info related to this truck

·
Registered
806 Posts
Welcome,
Congrats on the Pro-4x it does extremely well off road even in stock form.
I am a lurker on ADVrider, I have a motorcycle (big old touring bike not an adventure bike). but I love to read the ADV trip reports....riders trip reports of riding from Alaska to the southern tip of south america and even riders , riding around the world. And of course RTWDoug is very entertaining. I have done the circle tour on my motorcycle....I rode solo around the entire lake of Lake Superior.

Oh and be careful this forum is a slippery slope.
Here is the truck I purchased originally:

Then I found this ClubFrontier forum and ended up with this:

Feel free to check out my "Build thread" there are some blog off-roading trip stories (ADV rider style) with pics and plenty of verbiage.
Click on the link:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That certainly is a metamorphosis. My bucket list is the TAT (Trans-America-Trail) with my motorcycle. You will find many ride reports about on ADVRider. I use that forum quite often to reach out to other riders around the world as well as rides into the state forest near me. Your Frontier certainly looks up to the task of serious off-roading and there many that do the TAT with jeeps and PUs.
I hope to get into the woods where I ride my bike. I was riding Monday and looking at the trail where I could fit without scratching the truck all up

·
Registered
806 Posts
That certainly is a metamorphosis. My bucket list is the TAT (Trans-America-Trail) with my motorcycle. Your Frontier certainly looks up to the task and there many that do it with jeeps and PUs
Yes I have read a few TAT trip reports on ADVrider.
My bucket list is BMW GS1200 then ride to Alaska.....but I got side tracked and just purchased a snowmobile....LOL
Again welcome ...we are very friendly here in this forum...very small community ....not too many people own / purchase nissan frontiers. We are the black sheep of the truck world.....but why flock with the seagulls (F150's / Silverado's) when you can soar like an eagle (Nissan Frontier's).

·
Registered
806 Posts
That certainly is a metamorphosis. My bucket list is the TAT (Trans-America-Trail) with my motorcycle. You will find many ride reports about on ADVRider. I use that forum quite often to reach out to other riders around the world as well as rides into the state forest near me. Your Frontier certainly looks up to the task of serious off-roading and there many that do the TAT with jeeps and PUs.
I hope to get into the woods where I ride my bike. I was riding Monday and looking at the trail where I could fit without scratching the truck all up
Oh and ya the first few times in the woods can be very un-nerving...scratches....but after a few times you understand the fun factor and get over it pretty quick.
Although you have a 2018 so its a tuff call.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome to CF, KK. Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts