Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NY. 2004 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab 4x4 Manuel Trans.123,000k. Here's the low down...I've had my frontier for about 11 years and love it. It has heavy rust and obviously had to make some major and minor repairs on it. About 6 months ago the old girl broke down on me...My mechanic found the distrubiter had come off, gear on camshaft damaged and metal shavings were where the distrubiter goes into the left head. My mechanic estimated $1,500 to repair but said it could be more.. and i knew danm well he would probably run into other issues.
I said fuck it and decided to have it towed back to my house and become a project truck...I am not a mechanic but I am fairly mechanical and my trade requires me to troubleshoot and fix **** everyday. Anyway, while making the repair I was cleaning everything and decided to do the valve seals. It was going pretty smooth and then I dropped a fucking exhaust valve into the fucking engine.... not all the way though... I tried a magnet..didn't work. So I very slowly turned the engine by hand and got it to come up.. alittle.. but fucking A.. it started getting extremely hard to turn and to get the valve to come up. Now the valve is stuck about half way and I mean stuck bad. Fuck.
I said fuck now I gotta remove the head... not a huge deal, but this is NY and every nut and bokt is destroyed by rust...Now I am stuck on the exhaust manifold...What a pain in the dick. Bolts are hard to get to and every one is fighting me, I'm getting very frustrated and this weekend warrior mechanic **** is getting me deeper and deeper into this truck....I really love this truck and want to do a nice job ... but I just want to make sure I can get the engine running before I move on to the rest...I bought high performance camshafts, distrubiter, pulleys, belts, gasket kit, oil seals, and a bunch other parts. I'm currently taking a break working on it because I got bunch of other **** to do. I'm thinking I am over my head and about to throw in the towel and sell it or let it sit and maybe take another shot at it someday. I'm bummed guys. Love this truck. What should I do??? What could I get for it???? About a week before it broke down had new tires put on it, ($600) couple weeks before that I replaced the front brakes and rotors. Got about $1,500 currently in parts just sitting here....doing nothing...fuckkk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Maybe you could "part" the truck out and recover some of your investment, then sell remaining to a metal/car recycle yard. Hate to hear what you are going through, sometimes when something is fighting you in every turn of the way it's time to change coarse. Good luck, take a break and enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts