Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! First of all thanks for all the help as I’ve been searching for my truck. The resource has been awesome. I’m now the proud owner of a 2008 King cab 6spd Nismo Frontier and I couldn’t be happier.

(the day I got it, after a quick detail 😉)

So a bit about myself. My names Phil and im one of three owners of a company named Steveston Motor Co, A small shop that specializes in classic minis!

We build cars, design and manufacturer parts, and have a YouTube channel where we produce fun how to’s and mini themed shorts. Check it out

A fun video of one of our builds

Although the three of us love minis and all things sports cars, we all have trucks and our side passion has always been 4x4in/overlanding/off-road exploring. We are based out of the beautiful province of British Columbia in Canada and have nothing but amazing scenic terrain right out our back yard

So recently we have decided to take the lessons learned from our mini shop and our production/fabrication abilities to offer a few select parts for our three platforms (frontier/ram/4Runner) and grow to others as time goes on.

This will be mostly a passion project for the three of us and will be primarily done through forums and local clubs etc, keeping it fun and based on helping out fellow enthusiasts.

Each of us will champion our prospective platforms, doing R&D on the needs of the particular brand/owners. So I will be posting the mods done to my truck in a separate thread and if any of you are interested in any of the items I’m adding I would be happy to make more for others, and conversely if you have any suggestions on parts that you would like that either are not currently available or not made to the specs you are looking for or to the quality you desire please let me know and I’ll see what I can do. We have full fabrication abilities including CNC, 3D printing, CAD modeling, fabrication, welding, water jetting etc. As an example, here is the first venture of ours for the frontier platform (just a prototype at this time)

1/4” thick 50 series aluminum skid plate that runs right from the front of the radiator right to the back of the oil pan. One peice rather than the 2 separate skids available from other manufacturers. Complete with oil and filter drain holes, steel support bracket to re enforce the radiator area, and bolt protection washers (that we make in house)

Anyways I think that’s enough rambling. Look forward to sharing more about my project with all of you. Cheers and happy wheeling!!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Welcome. Good looking stuff.

Reactions: Blacktuskoffroad

·
Registered
582 Posts
Welcome! An easy project might be a front tow hook solution. The 4x4 Frontiers come with one passenger-side tow hook. There are weldnuts already in the frame for a driver's side tow hook.

The current solutions are:
-Get a left-hand tow hook from a crashed D40 Navara from Thornton Breakers in the UK.
-Get any number of shackle mounts from aftermarket manufacturers (PNP Engineering, IronMan 4x4, etc)

I went with the former since I still have the chin spoiler/air dam in place, don't plan on removing it, and shackles would probably interfere with that. The tow hook also looks OEM since, well, it is.

My second favorite is @rdp91356 's solution to modify IronMan 4x4 shackle mounts to use off-the-shelf tow hooks. That is what I would do if I couldn't get a tow hook from Thornton Breakers. I might be in the minority, but I prefer tow hooks rather than shackles.

If you offered a similar bracket that had a dual option of using a shackle or an off-the-shelf tow hook like Harbor Freight's, you may have a winner on your hands.

If you do a search for "clubfrontier front tow hook", you'll have hours of reading material on the topic.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hi everyone! First of all thanks for all the help as I’ve been searching for my truck. The resource has been awesome. I’m now the proud owner of a 2008 King cab 6spd Nismo Frontier and I couldn’t be happier.

(the day I got it, after a quick detail 😉)

View attachment 320002

So a bit about myself. My names Phil and im one of three owners of a company named Steveston Motor Co, A small shop that specializes in classic minis!

View attachment 320003

We build cars, design and manufacturer parts, and have a YouTube channel where we produce fun how to’s and mini themed shorts. Check it out

A fun video of one of our builds

Although the three of us love minis and all things sports cars, we all have trucks and our side passion has always been 4x4in/overlanding/off-road exploring. We are based out of the beautiful province of British Columbia in Canada and have nothing but amazing scenic terrain right out our back yard
View attachment 320005

So recently we have decided to take the lessons learned from our mini shop and our production/fabrication abilities to offer a few select parts for our three platforms (frontier/ram/4Runner) and grow to others as time goes on.

This will be mostly a passion project for the three of us and will be primarily done through forums and local clubs etc, keeping it fun and based on helping out fellow enthusiasts.

View attachment 320007

Each of us will champion our prospective platforms, doing R&D on the needs of the particular brand/owners. So I will be posting the mods done to my truck in a separate thread and if any of you are interested in any of the items I’m adding I would be happy to make more for others, and conversely if you have any suggestions on parts that you would like that either are not currently available or not made to the specs you are looking for or to the quality you desire please let me know and I’ll see what I can do. We have full fabrication abilities including CNC, 3D printing, CAD modeling, fabrication, welding, water jetting etc. As an example, here is the first venture of ours for the frontier platform (just a prototype at this time)

View attachment 320009

View attachment 320010

1/4” thick 50 series aluminum skid plate that runs right from the front of the radiator right to the back of the oil pan. One peice rather than the 2 separate skids available from other manufacturers. Complete with oil and filter drain holes, steel support bracket to re enforce the radiator area, and bolt protection washers (that we make in house)

View attachment 320011

Anyways I think that’s enough rambling. Look forward to sharing more about my project with all of you. Cheers and happy wheeling!!
Welcome! Good to see more parts being available for the Frontier. Awesome work.

Reactions: Blacktuskoffroad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome! An easy project might be a front tow hook solution. The 4x4 Frontiers come with one passenger-side tow hook. There are weldnuts already in the frame for a driver's side tow hook.

The current solutions are:
-Get a left-hand tow hook from a crashed D40 Navara from Thornton Breakers in the UK.
-Get any number of shackle mounts from aftermarket manufacturers (PNP Engineering, IronMan 4x4, etc)

I went with the former since I still have the chin spoiler/air dam in place, don't plan on removing it, and shackles would probably interfere with that. The tow hook also looks OEM since, well, it is.

My second favorite is @rdp91356 's solution to modify IronMan 4x4 shackle mounts to use off-the-shelf tow hooks. That is what I would do if I couldn't get a tow hook from Thornton Breakers. I might be in the minority, but I prefer tow hooks rather than shackles.

If you offered a similar bracket that had a dual option of using a shackle or an off-the-shelf tow hook like Harbor Freight's, you may have a winner on your hands.

If you do a search for "clubfrontier front tow hook", you'll have hours of reading material on the topic.

That's a great suggestion about the tow hooks. We actually looked into making integral tow hooks in the radiator support/skid plate mounting bracket, but deemed them not strong enough for the usage that our trucks will see, seeing that we are using 3/16 sheet steel.

I'm going to look into options for additional tow hooks to be added to the skid plate package in the future but for now the stock one will bolt up and is plenty strong.

I'll post up another thread where people can make suggestions on parts they would like to see and if its feasible, and the mods are ok with it, I can come up with some prototypes and maybe arrange a group buy on something. Stay tuned!

Desired parts thread

1 - 7 of 7 Posts