Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good Morning all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am the new owner of a 2016 Pro-4x. One of the requirements when I bought it was the manual transmission. The place I bought it from had to get one in as it seems these things are rare and hard to find according to the salesman.

I come from a long history of modifying my cars. From my VW GLI to the WRX I had in college and starting off with my first Honda Civic in in the early 2000s when The Fast and the Furious movie came out and unpainted body kits and underglow lighting was popular. This truck will be my first time in the off-road arena and I am excited for it.

Coming from a VW that had full LED/bi-xenon lighting, upgrading the lighting is going to be my first venture into the truck as I like to have good, effective lighting. Oh and trust me when I say, I HATE cheap lighting solutions. Coming from a VW with bi-xenons and adaptive projectors, I want to make sure I do it correctly, and in such a way that will provide the best lighting for me and without blinding others people. I also intend on doing a moderate lift/leveling on the truck in the future. I only have 300 miles on it, so this will be a ways out. I want to break in the stock components and see what the truck is capabale of before modding the suspensions bits.

I did have one questions though for everyone on this forum. How are you all mounting that LED Light bar in the front bumper? I searched and found a company named Xoskel, but it seems the domain is up for sale and the company is long gone. Any leads on this would be amazing.

Any tips about these trucks would be amazing, or even things to look out for.

Cheers

J

·
Registered
987 Posts
Welcome....

Reactions: jbarth09

·
Registered
397 Posts
...I just got my '17 Fronty SV v6/6M and love it also!

Its the first truck I've owned as well; wanted one for years but always ended up with many manual "hot hatches" starting with a "1983 Rabbit GTI" (with a Calloway bolt on turbo kit and many other mods that made it a 900Kg beast to keep up with and better HP to weight ratio than lots of high end sports cars of today)!

Besides, so few people seem to know how to drive a manual any more, I figure its got an additional level of built in "theft protection":)

Reactions: jbarth09
1 - 3 of 3 Posts