1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Truck looks very clean and detailed (y) :cool:
Tires are nice too ;)

· Registered
2017 crew cab sv 4x4
111 Posts
Is that the m/t tire. I zoom in it gets grainy on the Ole galaxy 20. Lol. Can't tell if that's a/t or m/t.
I've been kind of looking at the m/t . Not even sure if they have an a/t as I'm looking for an m/t

· Registered
8,171 Posts
I have been looking at getting that tire. Thunderer and Amuricus seem to be the same brand and both offer it. It is an AT tire. A/T^R to be specific. Not sure what the R stands for. They also make a AT tire that has a totally different tread pattern. There was a thread a few weeks ago slamming "generic" tires like this one. I for one think a good tire is a good tire despite the branding.

Ranger A/TR - The Driving Force (thunderertireusa.com)

· Registered
2018 Nissan Frontier 2wd 4 cylinder stock!
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that the m/t tire. I zoom in it gets grainy on the Ole galaxy 20. Lol. Can't tell if that's a/t or m/t.
I've been kind of looking at the m/t . Not even sure if they have an a/t as I'm looking for an m/t
Hey man it’s the A/T tire pretty aggressive I think worth the money for sure

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been looking at getting that tire. Thunderer and Amuricus seem to be the same brand and both offer it. It is an AT tire. A/T^R to be specific. Not sure what the R stands for. They also make a AT tire that has a totally different tread pattern. There was a thread a few weeks ago slamming "generic" tires like this one. I for one think a good tire is a good tire despite the branding.

Ranger A/TR - The Driving Force (thunderertireusa.com)
I thought I had seen a real similar tread under different
Too soon to say for longevity, but these tires seem awesome! I think they’re rated for 45k or 50k miles
Hopefully they’ll go longer. But I don’t think I’d want to go bigger then these with our 4 bangers. These seem perfect

· Registered
2017 crew cab sv 4x4
111 Posts
I'd looked at the m/t and now looked at those. I don't drive my truck alot barely 2 thousand miles in the year I've owned it now. I go in the ridge behind my house and ride little trails through the woods instead of staying on main roads. The m/t has 19/32 tread depth a/t has 13/32. The weight m/t 49lbs a/t 42lbs. Not alot of weight difference in the two I do really like these a/t but for my application seems the m/t will suit me better for just incase I get into some mud. These trails I go through are pretty much to narrow to turn around on so I gotta go through whatever I encounter. Lol. Those a/t look pretty sweet tho hell you never know I might end up with some of those.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd looked at the m/t and now looked at those. I don't drive my truck alot barely 2 thousand miles in the year I've owned it now. I go in the ridge behind my house and ride little trails through the woods instead of staying on main roads. The m/t has 19/32 tread depth a/t has 13/32. The weight m/t 49lbs a/t 42lbs. Not alot of weight difference in the two I do really like these a/t but for my application seems the m/t will suit me better for just incase I get into some mud. These trails I go through are pretty much to narrow to turn around on so I gotta go through whatever I encounter. Lol. Those a/t look pretty sweet tho hell you never know I might end up with some of those.
Pretty cool the m/t are close in weight wow I’d get ‘em for your situation! Would last pretty long!

· Registered
8,171 Posts
I looked at the MTs for a while too. But I tend to encounter snow/ice alot in the fall and spring before I put my snow tires on. MTs in ice = death in my truck. I don't think these ATs will do that good in mud. That thread design, closely spaced lugs, will just pack full of mud and turn into slick mud doughnuts. ALL Terrains are not ALL. Nothing works in mud except for mudders. Where did you find the weights. From what I found the MT and ATR are the same weight. I am also looking at going 285/75r16. Those have 16/32 thread depth.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts