Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2016 Nissan Frontier SV CCSB 4x4
897 Posts
All of a sudden all of these aftermarket grilles are popping up after the truck was in production for like 15 years 🤦‍♂️

For other club members benefit: can you run this grille without the letters or do they come pre-installed?

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of a sudden all of these aftermarket grilles are popping up after the truck was in production for like 15 years 🤦‍♂️

For other club members benefit: can you run this grille without the letters or do they come pre-installed?
I don’t think they come off (didn’t look to close), but no logo is an option when ordering.

· Registered
2016 Nissan Frontier SV CCSB 4x4
897 Posts
I don’t think they come off (didn’t look to close), but no logo is an option when ordering.
Thanks. I’m sure having that info available will help someone else who may be browsing the forum.

· Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
627 Posts
I was looking at their web site and it's interesting they make several different versions of grills for the 05-08 Frontier, but really only one style for the 09-21 version. I would assume they sold a heck of a lot more trucks from 2009-21 than they did from 05-08 (maybe not?) and more of the newer version should still be on the road. I like the grills with blacked out NISSAN in the center for the 05-08, but alas its not available for the newer trucks.

For 09-21:

For 05-08:

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking at their web site and it's interesting they make several different versions of grills for the 05-08 Frontier, but really only one style for the 09-21 version. I would assume they sold a heck of a lot more trucks from 2009-21 than they did from 05-08 (maybe not?) and more of the newer version should still be on the road. I like the grills with blacked out NISSAN in the center for the 05-08, but alas its not available for the newer trucks.

For 09-21:

For 05-08:
I believe they are planning on other versions, but don’t quote me on that. I think they’re doing the release one style at a time.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
I would prefer the letters "NISSAN" instead of frontier. There was another ebay one that looked nicer then this but the letters themselves looked awkward since the letters did not have a consistent font. Still waiting on a decent one for my 19. The older 05-08 from mango racing looks killer. Wish they would base something on the older grills.

· Premium Member
8,736 Posts
It should read T-O-O-L - which means a lot more to me than a manufacturer's or model name.

• Haha
Reactions: GreyFox

· Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Im curious to know why ur against lettering on a grill? Or why is it "tool" ish
I'd rather advertise a cool band than a manufacturer/model/etc... RUSH, perhaps? No offense, sir. BU2B

MangoRacing grill -> I'd prefer a tighter mesh to further reduce the chances of the errant rock/pebble/etc from impacting the radiator/etc...

· Registered
1,328 Posts
I'd rather advertise a cool band than a manufacturer/model/etc... RUSH, perhaps? No offense, sir. BU2B

MangoRacing grill -> I'd prefer a tighter mesh to further reduce the chances of the errant rock/pebble/etc from impacting the radiator/etc...
Mango racing has such nice grills for the 05-08 model years. So its surprising that the same company came up with the current design.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

1 - 14 of 14 Posts