Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the leveling kit on my truck....well worth the time and money. Love it, now gotta get some shoes. The stock 265/60r16 don't look bad but bigger would be much better.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just installed the leveling kit on my truck....well worth the time and money. Love it, now gotta get some shoes. The stock 265/60r16 don't look bad but bigger would be much better.
Which leveling kit? Shopping and researching now.

·
Super Moderator
11,274 Posts
Next size is 265/75/16 just a little taller and is the alternate size from Nissan installed on the pro 4x.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I went with the rough country. Install was easy just watched a few videos on it to get tips (things they had ran into) from other people and went with it. It took about 3 hours doing it on and off , had holiday company,

It doesn't put sky high but for the ground clearance in the front end and overall look that it gives the truck I was pleased.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the size I'm looking at. Master craft makes a 265/75r16 ( course cxt) that's measures out almost 32" but is only at 50# and it's pretty aggressive. Can't find any reviews but leaning towards those. Oh and best part their reasonably priced which is always a bonus.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just put some winter Mastercraft Courser MSR's on my frontier and am very happy with them so far!

Aggressive tread and very quiet (which surprised me) and in the few snow storms we've had (~2-5 inches each) I have yet to turn the 4WD on with the new tires...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think they'll be pretty good, done a lot of research on size and weight they fit the bill . You want bigger but you want lighter and that combo of both is a hard one to find.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've been researching leveling kits... Glad to hear you are pleased with the RC kit. That's the one I was looking at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had it aligned today and everything came out good that being said the lift really does make a difference in the looks of the truck. A guy that works with me saw it for the first time today and he was shocked at the difference it made. The best part I've still got to get the bigger shoes . The ease of the install was one of my questions going into the project the other was , is it going to make a difference. Both had to be found out by just doing and I couldn't have been more pleased.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts