Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the 3" AC lift with the new UCA's and went with single AAL's and shackles for the rear. The install took me a few days due to seized camber bolts. Getting those out were a pain as well as tracking down new ones. The rear on the other hand was a breeze. I think I will give it time, but the stance is like a stink bug; really tall in the rear. I re-indexed my t-bars and have 1/2 inch from the bumps in the front. I also left off the overload springs as I could not figure out how to add the new spring with it on. I kept them of course because I do plan to tow a lot. With this lift combined with the 2" body lift I installed a few months back, I finally have the height I was looking for. I also in the process replaced all four tie rod ends, camber bolts as mentioned and new u bolts in the rear.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do, they are pro-comp all terrains that I picked up used for $400. He had all the paper work including his title to his jeep to prove that he only had 5k on them. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. He also has a road hazard warranty on them too. As soon as I need new tires and or wheels or when the price is right, I will get new wheels with the offset to fit 33's. For now, these will do.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Looks really nice, post some pics as soon as you install the bigger tires! :goodjob:

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Looks good. More pics after the bigger tires. And don't forget to upgrade the steering.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont go with 35's. Its not worth it if you want to tow, not to mention the 35's just put alot of strain on everything.
I totally agree. Besides looks, 35's wont do me much good. I am not a serious full time wheeler, and I think 33's will do me just fine. The extra cost for all that rubber, and not to mention having to re-gear the diff's, yea, I will stick with 33's. Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looks good. How's the ride?

I installed a similar lift on my Pathfinder I had years ago and it too was higher in the rear. Cranked the hell out of the T-bars and it rode like crap, was pretty much resting on the bumpstops. Looked good though...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks good. How's the ride?

I installed a similar lift on my Pathfinder I had years ago and it too was higher in the rear. Cranked the hell out of the T-bars and it rode like crap, was pretty much resting on the bumpstops. Looked good though...
The ride is good, most likely for the fact that you mentioned. My t-bars are not fully cranked and I have a half an inch from the bumpstops. It is surprisingly more stable it seems. It does not feel top heavy at all.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Looks good. I think its a good ideal height and I'd be sticking with 33's as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Look good. I had the same issues as you with the seized camber bolts, ended up cutting mine off. What was the problem with the overload leaf? when you unbolt your leaf pack to put in the aal, you just leave the overload in there...

if you need to go up a bit more in the front, you can get lower profile bumpstops, i picked up some energy suspension ones for like 20 bucks and it gave me the room i need to level out the front.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.