Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got my prg lift installed and love it but have a few issues. Since i put it on 3 days ago if i go full throttle in any gear, the traction light blinks and it cuts power like im spinning? Any clues
Also i went to get alignment today as it handles sloppy and the steering wheel is slightly off. But they couldnt do it without scratching my rims and Offroad tire. So they want me to put stock tires and rims back on, then they'll align and put my offroad rims n tires back on for me afterwards, will that be aligned properly if its not the tire n rim ill be running?
And last i had tire rack put new tpms sensors in these rims when the mounted and balanced my tires, and of course the light is on, the company thats gonna do my alignment said they would just reset it, but wont it just come right back then? Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
1. Unrelated to a lift kit, unless you did something really, really wrong LOL most likely be related to you not having an alignment done after putting in a lift kit.

2. Alignment won't change after you swap wheels/tires, but you should get an alignment with the wheels and tires you are running anyways. If that alignment shop can't do it with aftermarket wheels, find a better place that does.

3. You can reset the TPMS yourself, do a search there's a thread that explains exactly how to do it somewherre here

·
Registered
934 Posts
Damm I was hoping for pics.....?
Not sure about the rest of the people, but I love looking at pics of Frontiers lifted or even non-lifted.

Traction control ? I am guessing you have a Gen2/2005 plus frontier...
I googled:
(traction control blinking clubfrontier)

This was the first hit/thread...see post #4 ...something about steering wheel being off by a quarter turn confusing the steering angle sensor.
Link:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/problems-after-2-inch-body-lift-traction-control-138114/

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
You can reset your tpms yourself, couple threads on here for that. When you reset it make sure your stock tires aren't in the garage or the system may pick up those sensors and the light will come on when you're out of range for a while.

Like Raine said, find another shop that will align it with the wheels and tires you have installed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Prg 3 inch coilovers with add a leafs and struts in the back. Wheels are ATX cornice with wrangler duratrac 265/75 tire

·
Registered
65 Posts
For TPMS, you need to drive above 20 mph for a certain period of time and the system will check and determine if the light needs to be on. As for your alignment, I am still somewhat new with the frontier, but I thought anything over 2 inches requires aftermarket upper control arms, and also you need camber bolts for the lower control arm in order to properly align the vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the advanded kit which had upper control arms but never got cam bolts, hopefully tomorrow they can align it ok. If anyone knows, if they give me a sheet what numbers should i be looking for to know if its aligned properly. I onow this might be a far fetched question bit hoping someone knows, thanks for all the help so far tho guys. Much appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts