Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So Just got done with installing my supension, tires, and wheels this weekend. Finally!

Supsension - TC UCA, Icon 2.5 Coilovers ( Curtosy of Nick with Prerunnerparts.com )

Wheels and Tires - KMC XD Addict matte black 17", Toyo M/t 295/70R17

It was kind of a pain in the a** trimming some metal to fit these 33.5" tires but we got through it! Very pleased with the outcome of the look. But i have my coilovers cranked down almost all the way to get about 3" of lift and the ride quality is super stiff. I have about an 1.25" of space from my red bumpstops on my UCA, from my coilbucket. I was possibly thinking of cranking my coilovers all the way up tpo stock hight and putting a spacer lift on top, just to make my ride quality better. Any thoughts or ideas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Truck looks great.

Surprised you don't like the ride with 550 coils.
Instead of get a different set of coils you could get a 1" spacer reduce the preload down to 2" of lift. I have see some of the titan swap guys do that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truck looks great.

Surprised you don't like the ride with 550 coils.
Instead of get a different set of coils you could get a 1" spacer reduce the preload down to 2" of lift. I have see some of the titan swap guys do that.
Who sells a one inch spacer lift?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Looks great man!!! i would suggest the additional spacer on the coilover, ride quality is everything to me.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
dude its looking sick. I love it man.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Looks great man! Truck looks mean and clean. Do the center caps for those wheels fit?

Also, do those wheels stick out of the fenders at all?....any pics straight down the side of the truck, showing this how far they sit out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great man! Truck looks mean and clean. Do the center caps for those wheels fit?

Also, do those wheels stick out of the fenders at all?....any pics straight down the side of the truck, showing this how far they sit out.
Yea the center caps fit.. i just put them on today. The tires do come about a
.5" - 1" off the edge of the fenders witch i like alot. Ill get some pictures of that tomorrow and post them. Im not sure if i dig the cheesy bolt pattern around outside of the rim though. There silver, plastic, plug-in, faKE, huge lookin bolts (if you've ever seen them in person). I popped one of them off and i dont think it will look bad if i removed all of them. Im still taking it into consideration. Though it does look really good in the pictures.

But ive heard from a freind that it is bad to put spacers on aftermarket coilovers like mine. They can possibly crack or tear up spacer and coilover mount? Any expierences with that? anyone?

·
Registered
874 Posts
But ive heard from a freind that it is bad to put spacers on aftermarket coilovers like mine. They can possibly crack or tear up spacer and coilover mount? Any expierences with that? anyone?
I think you would be fine with a 1" spacer, the actual spacer I think would only be .5" but give you 1" of final lift, then you could turn down the coils so to soften the ride a bit

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I like it man, looks good.

Consider a spacer from ADF, all day fabrication. Would be like 60 for 2.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
I like it man, looks good.

Consider a spacer from ADF, all day fabrication. Would be like 60 for 2.
i dont think that with the way adf makes the spacers that they can make spacers that small you dont want 2" spacers on your coilovers defeats the point of the coilover lift

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So i just got my truck aligned today and they used all the thread on the alignment nuts and my tires still cave in from the bottem. i think its called negative camber or something like that. How do i get it aligned correctly?

p.s i took it to a shop

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
i might have missed it, but did you install camber bolts. I did on my truck cause greg said they were needed and I think they were. But still the shop that aligned mine said they couldnt get the camber absolutely perfect. its still off a little. Ill probably go get it realigned soon since i got the lifetime alignment and my suspension has settled in

1 - 20 of 58 Posts