Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2008 nismo king cab. I have at least 100 lbs payload at all times. I use it for landscaping and a dd. It's either loaded 100-500 lbs (sometimes max weight) on its own, or hauling a trailer (usually 2000-3000 lbs). My leafs and shocks need to be replaced. My question is should I get? On the front I am lifting 2 inches and at least 2 in the back. Front is 5100 set at 1 inch with spacer and will be installed at the same time. Truck has 140 000 km

1. Leafs with airbags

Or

2. Only leafs

I have a shop who will custom make my leafs. Also I am in Canada and use it for snow removal in the winter and no garage so corrosion is an issue.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
I would say go with airbags only. They really take a lot of load.
I have pretty much the exact same truck/set up as you (minus the rear). This summer I loaded about 2000 lbs worth of wood in the rear (between the bed and tongue load of the trailer). Pumped up the airbags to 80 psi and the rear sat level with the front (lifted 2").

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is that the leafs are shot. Unloaded I am sitting level and any weighteven 50 lbs I'm hitting the bump stops. So I'm looking at new leafs anyway. I was thinking the ome leafs (md) with airbags but they are the same cost as a custom spring pack with a warranty.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yeah get those OME springs and Firestone riderite bags w/o on board compressor if you want to save BUCKS, and you'll be very happy. 10psi will be good for the regular load you mentioned. And if you tow that trailer put 30-50psi in the bags before you hook up and you'll be sitting nice and level.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking that too. I killed my last springs by heavy loads so that was my concern. I feel like a HD pack would be to harsh when not needed but the md would die early. Right now it's either drive across the border for the ome. Or stay in calgary.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
^Well the HD pack only has one extra full length leaf over the MD. You could buy the HD and if its too much remove the extra leaf to make them MD. This is what I ended up doing. I've got a little over 60k miles on my OME pack with no issues if that makes you feel any better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts