Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day All,

I have had my truck for a few years now. My father was going through a rough time and I was in a position where I would be able to take over his payments and purchased the truck from him. I have loved the truck inside and out. SO much so that I wanted it to continue working well throughout its lifetime. I replaced the timing belt around 110k miles (Just got a letter in the mail stating that the Nissan corporation is under a law suit for knowing there was a defect with it) other than that have kept it stock.

Main reason I joined the site is to inquire about performance parts for my truck. It's coming up on its 10 years of running and I'd like to put some mods on it, paint it and make into a whole new truck. So I'll be searching for advice, asking questions and hoping I get some good feedback. Thank you for the add and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

·
Gone but not forgotten Member
5,729 Posts
It would help to know what direction you want to go with the truck.Street truck,pre runner ,etc?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it would. It's an idea that I recently started playing with. Would probably like to increase low end torque and HP. I have not seen too many modded Frontiers so I'm looking for some inspiration as well as advice. I have looked through a few picture threads and I like some slightly lifted trucks as well. Maybe that helps? Any bump in that direction would help a ton.

·
Premium Member
7,501 Posts
Earlier V6 Frontiers have a factory tuned WOT restriction (Wide Open Throttle). In the performance section there is a long thread re: Bullydog tuners that might be worth a read.

Will say our trucks are fairly well tuned for low-end torque...and some performance mods will better target higher end output as well as throttle response throughout the rev range.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,405 Posts
Welcome to the Club. The early models can take advantage of a Superchips Cortex hand-held tuner that offers various tune options. I have one for my 07 and it is the best money spent on 'mods' so to speak. On top of that I have added a CAI and an intake spacer - not sure really how much performance they add, the CAI sounds great. :laugh:

·
Gone but not forgotten Member
5,729 Posts
The Stillen supercharger will give you the most h.p and bottom end increase.
Whatever modifications you do,you should have it tuned using the "Uprev" ecu tuner.
Just to let you know, the only performance modifications on my truck is a Bully Dog tuner.Barely noticeable if at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts