Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I installed new OEM injectors and the engine won't start.
It almost catches at first but then just cranks away.
I was working on the injectors only so I don't see what else I could have messed up.
I swapped the old injectors back in and I get the same problem.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
47 Posts
did you disconnect the battery before changed the injectors . You might of blown the fusible link to the injectors .

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did. I checked the fuse anyway. It was good.
I replaced it anyway.
Still won't start.
I'm at a bit of a loss.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would hit it with some starter fluid. If it starts you are only dealing with a fuel problem, if it doesn't start I would pull one of the plugs and check for a spark. I would also check the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel return line either of these could be blocked if you dislodged some dirt etc when you were changing the injectors.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that's pretty much was I was planning for tomorrow.
Back to basics. Air, fuel, and spark.

·
Premium Member
2019 Frontier SV 4X4 CC A/T 2.5" lift
79 Posts
Sometimes things go bad at the same time. If you are confident in your install, I'd check to be sure each spark plug fires. While the plugs are out you can check each cylinder for compression and then your fuel pressure. And codes too are helpful if you're throwing any

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'd go back through everything your removed and replaced to make sure all hoses and electrical connectors are fully connected. It's easy to miss something when a lot of steps are involved. Look for bolts that were installed finger tight, but not tightened fully; a connector that got pushed on, but not fully seated; a connector pin that came unlatched (inside the connector) and slid into the back of the connector and isn't making contact - or a vacuum line that got left off or split/cracked when it was reinstalled.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sometimes things go bad at the same time. If you are confident in your install, I'd check to be sure each spark plug fires. While the plugs are out you can check each cylinder for compression and then your fuel pressure. And codes too are helpful if you're throwing any
No codes.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd go back through everything your removed and replaced to make sure all hoses and electrical connectors are fully connected. It's easy to miss something when a lot of steps are involved. Look for bolts that were installed finger tight, but not tightened fully; a connector that got pushed on, but not fully seated; a connector pin that came unlatched (inside the connector) and slid into the back of the connector and isn't making contact - or a vacuum line that got left off or split/cracked when it was reinstalled.
As I said, I didn't do anything but the injectors. Nothing else was touched. Except of course removing the air cleaner. That's why I'm confused as to what happened.

And I already checked and double checked the items you mentioned.

I'll get into it a little deeper today. I suspect its a lack of spark. Like ssundet said, maybe something else just went wrong at the same time.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that was easy. It was the 10 amp fuse in the cab. I was looking at the 40 amp fuse in the engine bay.
I'm not sure why it blew. I know I disconnected the power. I did get some gas on one of the connectors, maybe that did it.
Anyway, thanks to everyone, as usual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts