Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,

I'm Veers here in Wichita Falls. 28 and been serving in the Army National Guard for over 9 years. Do work with maps in and out of the military.

Always owned a Nissan. First car was a mid 80s Nissan Maxima. Later in 2006 I bought my grandfather's 1996 Nissan Pickup. Drove this pickup until earlier this month. In my ten years, I drove it well and it served me well. Almost at 300,000 miles with just a few minor issues. Returned the truck to my parent's farm and they're going to do some repairs and keep it as a farm truck.

For part of last year and the first half of 2016, I drove a 2015 Nissan Frontier S for USIC. Did buried utility locating with this truck. It was able to get me around both city and rural roads without issue, even being a straight four. Only had issues with the company electronics that drained the battery. Loved the truck so I looked for a used Nissan Frontier.

Last week, I finally found one, a 2014 Nissan Frontier S with 52k miles. It had been used as a telecom utility truck. Now I'm going to put it to use as a commuter and weekend work truck. Plan on keeping it maintained and hopefully I can get it to last me til 2034. Think 20 years is a good expectation, just like my last truck did.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Welcome to CF and congrats on your new truck. Had a '93 Hardbody and a '00 KC which I sold in 2014. I'm sure it is still running great.

I was stationed at Sheppard AFB quite a few years back. Had a great time while I was there - did a lot of camping at Lake Texoma and Wichita Mountains as well as numerous trips throughout TX.

I'm sure you'll get 20 years out of your '14.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Coworker of mine has an old Nissan hardbody that had 300,000 miles on it before the odometer stopped working. They've used it as a ranch truck in there ranchito down in El Indio, Tx for multiple years since. Sucker runs pretty good, and does well off road for a two wheel drive.

I've had my 2012 SV 4x4 for 4 years now with minimal problems. Most of those old work trucks get a lotta highway driving from what I've seen in my neck of the woods. Sure if you take care of it, you will be good to go for multiple years IMO.

Welcome aboard BTW.

·
Vendor
2,793 Posts
Hello Veers, welcome to the forum! Glad to have you join us. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts