Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, I have been a little post whore lately about my new house, but what can I say...Im addicted to 'modding' my house now instead of the truck. lol

Here are some pictures of the house with the old owners and their crap.

Now, here are some before and after shots to show what I have done already.
Laundry room
Before

After

Kitchen
Before

After (Lighting was dark so the green looks darker)

Dining room
Before

After

I will update this thread every so often as I progress on the house...So far, everything is running smoothly and fast paced, but not rushed. Taking my time to make sure its right.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Doing a tiny bit of painting I see. Looks good and that is a nice place you have.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Amazing what a little bit of paint will do. After I bought my house a year ago the mod money all goes towards the house. (its actually more fun and you hope to get a return on your investment rather than increased depreciation.) Good luck and have fun with it!

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Color is where it's at on the walls.
When we moved into our current house 8+ years ago I swear the people before us had bought a 55gal drum of this off white and did the whole inside of the house with it.
We've got a little over 2,500 sq ft so that was a lot of off white man!

Now there's only two rooms that haven't been redone in my whole house that still has the off white, the rest are painted various tasteful colors, mostly neutrals, nothing bold.

I like the green you have there, similar to the color in our family room.

Keep up the hard work and make that place yours.
The best way I've found is work for two/three weeks (weekends mainly), take a week off, work for two/three weeks, take a week off.
No matter how "gung-ho" I am to get stuff done, I need to step back once in a while to prevent getting burned out.

House is looking good so far!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Very nice house, good luck.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yup, slow and steady with lots of breaks. That way you don't get burned out and people won't wonder of you have a problem with huffing paint.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the compliments everyone.

I am getting started tomorrow morning on another project..My father, uncle, brother, cousin, and I will be putting up sheetrock in the living room to cover the panel walls...Im hoping to get the walls up, mudded, sanded, and painted before weekend is over...

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
nice choice in color changes. makes a world of difference and is way better than the colors they had

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice choice in color changes. makes a world of difference and is way better than the colors they had
ahaha...You should see the 2nd bathroom im going to redo...walls and ceiling are painted sun yellow..lol...Its so bright. Im painting it a blue/gray color almost like a spa color...I cant wait to paint the walls blue and the ceiling white and redo the fixtures and stuff in that bathroom...Will make a huge difference..

Also, the colors I chose for the house are the following:

Laundry room - Sage Green (Sagey)
Kitchen - same as above
Dining Room - same as above
Master Bedroom/Bath - same as above

Foyer - Gray/brownish (Pebblestone)
Hallway - same as above

Living room - Darker Brown (Going to offset it with ultra white crown molding, cream colored sectional, and bright artwork)

2nd Bedroom - staying that dark army color (Going to be the gym and dont feel like painting it)

3rd Bedroom - light blue (Going to be my cousins room so Im going to let him paint it if he wants)

2nd bath - Blue/Gray color

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
nice man, good choices. i used to sell houses, and it was such a bytch trying to get people to see past the current wall color. alot of people really have no imagination

1 - 14 of 14 Posts