Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not officially a frontier owner yet but I went and looked at one yesterday and made an offer today. The guy accepted it and now I'm working on my loan. It's a 2008 le king cab with 60000 miles. Anything special I need to know about the truck?

Thanks Cooper

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I've had my frontier since Friday and love it. I accidentally roasted the tires pulling onto the hwy, this thing had some power. I'm used to driving a F250 which is my work truck or my wife's 4 door jeep, and this thing rides like a caddy compared to either of them. For being a 08 model it runs great but I do have a few minor problems. The window motor is going out, I have to tap on the door panel sometimes to get it to come up. I've already watched a video to replace that and I'll tackle it soon. Looks like one of the keys lost programming. The tpms light is on but I have good air pressure. I'll bring it by my buddy's tire shop and have him check into that. And the 12v plug on the dash doesn't work. Is there a Wright up on how to pull apart the dash to get to it? Also does that plug work when the key is off? The one in the console has to be running. If the key has to be on I'll probably just rewire it to the battery so I can charge my phone without everything else on. How accurate is the mpg on the dash? It's showing alittle over 17 and I haven't done much hwy driving this weekend and a lot of idling. I'm really impressed with is so far. And by the way it's my first truck that isn't a Chevy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also is there any way to check for any recalls on my truck and if they have been fixed

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
17mpg is pretty normal for the 4.0l automatic. You can do a little better if you refrain from roasting the tires. (That's no fun though)

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
The 12v power is all wired to the ignition on mine. Had to wire one to battery for an electric cooler that I want to work when the truck is off...

I ran an independent 8 gauge wire into the cab for those types of things

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 12v power is all wired to the ignition on mine. Had to wire one to battery for an electric cooler that I want to work when the truck is off...

I ran an independent 8 gauge wire into the cab for those types of things

Any specific way for pulling the dash apart?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Any specific way for pulling the dash apart?
They tray above the radio pops out and exposes 4? bolts below it. When those are removed, the radio section can be pulled forward/removed to get to the top area.

I was able to remove the center console (cupholder pops off exposing mounting bolts, also screws under center console lid), side kick panels (pop off), glovebox (squeeze sides to remove), and get access to most everything needed.

There are a number of threads here and youtube videos with detailed instructions for getting things apart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
...The tpms light is on but I have good air pressure. I'll bring it by my buddy's tire shop and have him check into that. ...
I'm not familiar with the Frontier TPMS system. However, the spare tire was always the first to lose air pressure on my F250 and Toyota FJ Cruiser and light up the TPMS warning on those trucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts