Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 1999 Nissan frontier. He will not start. I have a good battery and alt is good as well. I'm getting a single click that sounds like it's coming from the starter. Tried tapping on started nothing, tried jumping truck and nothing. Cleaned all battery terminals still nothing just the one click. I'm starting to lean on starter is bad. Tried jumping starter with a screwdriver and still nothing. Any help greatly appreciated. This is my only vehicle as well as my work truck.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds like starter to me. No lights on the dash?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah. My vote is starter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Drummin, you seem to know what you are doing. I was wondering if you would help with my problem. It's at http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/2001-nissan-frontier-will-not-start-325474/#post3494234
Honestly, that's beyond my knowledge. I'm pretty good with most things. The only thing I can say is... If you recently got your timing belt replaced, it might not have been done correctly. I've heard that's an issue in some instances.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So found out my solenoid has a bolt that is broken and has tons of play. Will be changing that but was wondering if it could not be getting a good connection meaning it won't engage the starter enough to start the truck

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would check all of the connections/grounds first, all it costs is labor and some cleaner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks you guys for all your input. It was my starter. Installed new starter and ole Ron White (my frontier) fired right up! Hope this thread helps someone else

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks you guys for all your input. It was my starter. Installed new starter and ole Ron White (my frontier) fired right up! Hope this thread helps someone else
Ron White!! Lmao!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts