Nissan Frontier Forum banner

New headlights

4K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  yellow01 
#1 ·
Has anyone purchased those projectile headlights from ebay? If so, do they work good?

#2 ·
Projectile headlights? AWESOME!!! What kind of projectiles do they shoot? I'm gonna hafta get those when I start commuting again. Hahahaha. ;)

#9 ·
I have had them on my '05 for like two years now. The halos went out on one side soon after and they are starting to look bad with some of the inside housing that is peeling away. If I had to do it over I'm not sure I would have bought them. And I was stupid enough to sell my OEM's. Live and learn I guess.

#10 ·
Would there be any headlights that you would recommend to replace the stock ones? or just leave the stock ones alone.

#11 ·
there is nothing else. leave 'em alone, or open them up and paint them like others have done. looks great.
spend $90 on some PIAA bulbs and you will have some bright headlights.

#14 ·
I recently got my PIAA xTreme White Plus bulbs for $68 shipped through Amazon. It makes the lights a little brighter, but not much. It certainly doesn't come close to HIDs. The main improvement is with the color of the light. They are now much whiter than they were stock. I had hoped for more light gain, but will live with the fact that I at least have a 2nd set of bulbs (the stock ones) for whenever these burn out.

A second option is the Silverstar Ultra Whites. I think you can get them at your startard parts store (AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, NAPA, etc) for around $45-50.

The key to our bulbs is that they are model 9007 (for the 2nd gens, not sure about the 1st gens). This is the dual filament bulb for both the high and low beams.

#13 ·
#17 ·
If your really fixing to change up the headlights... find a 2nd set of OEM's and do some kind of HID retro on those...

HIDPlanet.com is a good start for info and stuff. I would deff stay away from thsoe ebay things...

#18 ·
iv got the black halo headlights like roastbeef and iv had them for a while now and the halos are still goin nice. the only problem iv had is that it took me almost a week of tweaking them to get them aimed right. the lows kinda suck and have a shadow in them..but the brights are really good. and theres also a sticker on the light that says "no HID bulbs"...does anyone kno what thats about?

#19 · (Edited)
Everyone i know that's bought a set of ebay projectors has had problems with them getting water in them then not working shortly after. I would steer clear.

There really isn't much else out there as far as aftermarket headlights go. there was a company selling black OEM style headlights but i don't think you can get them any more. you may be able to find a used set on ebay or something. i THINK that's it.

Other than that you've got two options; read the tutorial that's stuck to the the top of this forum and black them out yourself or just keep 'em stock.

edit:
looks like ive got a twin now. Haha, nice truck yellow01.

#20 ·
i went on a ride down a powerline a while ago and my lights got some condensation or foggin up or whatevr in them...but they completely dried out and went back to clear in like a week..
guess i got lucky

haha and yea i like your truck!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.