Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I've lurked quite a bit and even broke the rules by posting a few times prior to my introduction but here goes!
Picked up a 2005 crew cab nismo in North Carolina recently. Owner actually had it posted here is how I found it. Coming from a big ol 7.3 diesel this thing has been fun. Made the 1300 mile road trip back to Omaha, NE a breeze. I've done quite a bit to it so far as I had plans before I even bought it (but knew I was getting a frontier regardless) It was 100% stock but I've made the following happen so far.

Interior
-Skar 6.5 rear door speakers with mdf adapters
-Skar 6x9 front door speakers
-Fox Box cut out to accommodate a 12" Brutal Sounds mini brute sub.
-Kicker 600.1 amp
-Pioneer double din stereo

Exterior
-Tinted front windows to match rear
-17" Level 8 MK6 with 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3 tires.
- Roll up bed cover
-Retrofit projectors (Have the kit ready but waiting on new headlight housings in the mail)

Mechanical
-Rear diff breather mod
-OEM Nissan fan clutch (cured my roaring fan)
-Remote start and alarm

Future mods
-Billstein 5100s, just to update it, not looking to lift
-Exhaust, love dynomax catback sound but not sure if I want to ruin the quiet enjoyment. Lol

I wasted no time trying to make this truck mine, but heres a few shots of before and somewhat after (2nd pic doesn't have tint yet.)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome officially then! I’m in Omaha as well. Jealous of the gunmetal Level 8’s.
Thanks man! I just went through your build thread and love it. I'm especially liking that grill mod with the Nissan lettering. I'll probably be doing something similar in the spring.
Wonder if there's many other Omaha people around here, my brother has an equator he's modding so it would be cool to have a little frontier gathering.

·
Registered
566 Posts
There aren’t many official off-road trails around here so I don’t think there is much collaboration in this area. Kind of sad. Few guys in Lincoln on here and some in the Des Moines area. Tons of Pro 4x’s in Omaha. I see one or more everyday. It’s also really hard to find them at the stealerships around here where they aren’t beat to hell.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There aren’t many official off-road trails around here so I don’t think there is much collaboration in this area. Kind of sad. Few guys in Lincoln on here and some in the Des Moines area. Tons of Pro 4x’s in Omaha. I see one or more everyday. It’s also really hard to find them at the stealerships around here where they aren’t beat to hell.
Yeah exactly. I was originally looking for a pro4x but finding anything under $12k was impossible in good shape. Then I dropped my price and year range, and found the Nismo frontiers were basically the same thing, for $5k less. That made my decision.

You're right though, no off roading and I see tons of Pro4X's as well. Ah well.

·
Registered
566 Posts
See what traction this gets...

Nebraska - Omaha/Lincoln/Council Bluffs Frontier Owners

1 - 6 of 6 Posts