Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i have had my 2001 Nissan frontier 4x4 for about 8 years. i am working on the knock sensor under the intake manifold and those cheap bolts on the upper plenum really ruined my day. so starting over tomorrow morning. anyone (and i am sure you all have had this problem) have some advice on it?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yeah, I swapped the torx bolts on the upper plenum for allens after they gave me trouble, the new clean allens heads are a lot harder to screw up the old torx

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,794 Posts
Welcome on board! Nice to have you join us. You've came to the right place - this site is a great resource with tons of useful information and knowledgeable guys. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to help!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Yeah, I swapped the torx bolts on the upper plenum for allens after they gave me trouble, the new clean allens heads are a lot harder to screw up the old torx
Kevin - I didn't realize that Torx screws could be either metric or SAE thread, learned something again !!!

I don't recall coming across any Torx head stuff on either my 1998 or 2004 Frontiers but those have 4-cylinder engines, if that matters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts