Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I just got my 2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab. She is very clean, and only has 92,000 miles. I do have a couple of questions though:

1) One or more of the belts is squealing. I have reciepts from the original owner that the front belt and tensioner were recently replaced, so hopefully a quick tighten of the tensioners and alt will remedy that. Found a couple of good diagrams on the Xterra forum, as the Haynes Manual leaves a lot to be desired. Any helpful hints?

2) The truck has a small leak at the oil sending unit. Cheap part, but what do you reccomend putting on the threads to keep the new one from leaking?

3) There is a squeak coming from the passenger rear of the truck bed. You can jump on the passenger side rear bumper and make the sound. Are there certain suspension bushings I should be looking at?

Thanks guys, I hope to be here for a long time coming.

:hi:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ok guys, I just got my 2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab. She is very clean, and only has 92,000 miles. I do have a couple of questions though:

1) One or more of the belts is squealing. I have reciepts from the original owner that the front belt and tensioner were recently replaced, so hopefully a quick tighten of the tensioners and alt will remedy that. Found a couple of good diagrams on the Xterra forum, as the Haynes Manual leaves a lot to be desired. Any helpful hints?
Is it the belt or one of the pulleys?

2) The truck has a small leak at the oil sending unit. Cheap part, but what do you reccomend putting on the threads to keep the new one from leaking?
Loctite 545 is resistant up to 300 degrees that should be good to seal it
3) There is a squeak coming from the passenger rear of the truck bed. You can jump on the passenger side rear bumper and make the sound. Are there certain suspension bushings I should be looking at?
I had a similar squeak and solved it by spraying some penetrating oil on the leafs
Thanks guys, I hope to be here for a long time coming.

:hi:
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to clarify, I know the Alt is adjusted at the Alt, but the front belt is adjusted by the bolt head right above the tensioner on that black rail? I haven't found a good picture/drawing of the power steering tensioner, but I am sure I can figure it out. Hope to get out there tonight and do it if it isn't too cold or rainy.

I hope this does the trick, as they will be replaced anyways in about 8-10,000 miles when I do the timing belt.

Thanks guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts