Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove our new 09 storm grey 4x2 CC long bed home and parked it, and on the very next start-up, both the battery and brake light remain on. I hope to post this issue in the general chat and go through the usual troubleshooting steps (but hopefully someone's seen this one and can offer some advice).

It was a lovely truck until this issue popped up (d'oh).

-mike

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, and sorry for not clarifying.

I failed to mention we stopped for dinner on the way... Hopped back in afterwards and both lights stayed lit during the whole drive home.

We didn't do anything else other than park for dinner straight from the dealership. Lights were not on at all during the drive there, and the brake fluid is right on the line.

In the morning I'll have a chance to check the alternator connectors/wires/etc... and I'll probably run through all the fuses, interior and engine bay (there are a ton on these things!).

From some googling it sounds like when both are on it's an indicator of alternator woes, but upon further research it sounds like people with various Nissans have the same problem when an engine control fuse blows (an interior fuse, and one that I have checked so far). Have also read about people having issues like brackets falling off that hold certain wiring (like O2 sensor wires), falling on something hot (like an exhaust manifold), and then shorting out, blowing a fuse, and causing the brake/battery light issue.

Anxious to see what happens in the morning.

Thanks for your time!
mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks much nevertheless -- I'll give it all I've got tomorrow and hopefully I won't have to drag it all the way back to the dealership.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Just make a warranty claim and post what caused it for the rest of us.

Welcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts