Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
2009 Frontier LE with Technology Package.
Running an ipod out of cig lighter power port. Just stopped working suddenly. No power to the port - fuse is ok. Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Welcome to CF!

Which port? one is key-on(console) and the other(dash below AUX. in jack) is constant..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Only checked the fuse in the glove box - could there also be a fuse for this in the engine compartment?

dash port below AUX. Console port is working OK. Tested both with "light-up" phone charger.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
yes.. there is a (IIRC a 20A.) fuse in the engine bay.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Only checked the fuse in the glove box - could there also be a fuse for this in the engine compartment?

dash port below AUX. Console port is working OK. Tested both with "light-up" phone charger.
While attempting to wire up some after market fog lights on my 2005 Frontier SE to the top (switched) outlet, I cut the red wire going into it and was attempting to strip the insulation off the wire I pulled it out of the splice (spliced to a green wire), then when re-attaching the splice, I shorted it out.

I went to the fuse box in the engine bay and checked the 20 amp fuse and it was good. I was baffled. I forgot there was ANOTHER fuse box in the glove box till I read your post. Sure enough, the 15 amp fuse there was blown. Replaced it with spare - BINGO!

I love this forum!:goodjob:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts