Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm on my second Frontier, a 2019 4x4.

I decided to upgrade my rearview mirror to include HomeLink, but the new mirror is a ten pin whereas the factory harness is a seven pin. So far I've been unable to find an adapter/converter, so it's looking more and more like I'll have to run the new harness. Anybody know where to get a seven pin to 10 pin adapter?

JoeB III

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts
Hello all. I'm on my second Frontier, a 2019 4x4.

I decided to upgrade my rearview mirror to include HomeLink, but the new mirror is a ten pin whereas the factory harness is a seven pin. So far I've been unable to find an adapter/converter, so it's looking more and more like I'll have to run the new harness. Anybody know where to get a seven pin to 10 pin adapter?

JoeB III
Looks like Model ADVGEN20A uses a 7 pin connector. Try to find the installation instructions online by searching by your model number.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I checked Model ADVGEN20A, but it doesn't have HomeLink. That's what I was trying to upgrade to.
I do appreciate the quick info though. Looks like this is going to be a great forum.
JoeB III

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts
Thanks. I checked Model ADVGEN20A, but it doesn't have HomeLink. That's what I was trying to upgrade to.
I do appreciate the quick info though. Looks like this is going to be a great forum.
JoeB III
You're very welcome. You probably should contact Gentex and ask them about it. You might just need to rewire the connectors from the mirror harness to your 7 pin connector.

·
Registered
781 Posts
... Looks like this is going to be a great forum...
Yeah, buddy. It's a good one. Enjoy your new truck & good luck with your project (that I'm totally unable to help you with)!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just installed my Gentex 453 in my truck today. I didn't find an adapter either. I just spliced in the new 10 pin connector that eBay seller cut off the donor car. its only 5 wires total. For the constant and switched ignition, I spliced them together so homelink is only with ignition on. Really simple, but will be redoing mine by soldering instead of using butt connectors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm installing a GNTX-313 in my old Prelude as we speak that I got out of a 2003 Infiniti at the local Upull, and have been looking for a 7-pin mirror option with Homelink for my 2017 Frontier as well, with no luck same as you. Being that the Frontier is still under warranty I'm not inclined to cut wires to make it work either.

Using an eBay-purchased 10 pin adapter with only 3 WIRES (~$8), it should be really easy to use a vampire tap on the existing mirror wiring to make it work, if you have the same reservations about cutting wires. Just get ahold of a volt meter, test a couple wires, find the one you wanna use.

EDIT:: One of my oversights on the Prelude was assuming the GNTX mirror would mount to the windshield in place of the OEM mirror with no modification. Nope. Make sure you have the same wedge mount in your truck that the current mirror uses. If not, you can get a pack of 3 different wedge mount styles for like $6 on Amazon that should include what you need, and the window adhesive is $3 at Wal mart.

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts
I'm installing a GNTX-313 in my old Prelude as we speak that I got out of a 2003 Infiniti at the local Upull, and have been looking for a 7-pin mirror option with Homelink for my 2017 Frontier as well, with no luck same as you. Being that the Frontier is still under warranty I'm not inclined to cut wires to make it work either.

Using an eBay-purchased 10 pin adapter with only 3 WIRES (~$8), it should be really easy to use a vampire tap on the existing mirror wiring to make it work, if you have the same reservations about cutting wires. Just get ahold of a volt meter, test a couple wires, find the one you wanna use.

EDIT:: One of my oversights on the Prelude was assuming the GNTX mirror would mount to the windshield in place of the OEM mirror with no modification. Nope. Make sure you have the same wedge mount in your truck that the current mirror uses. If not, you can get a pack of 3 different wedge mount styles for like $6 on Amazon that should include what you need, and the window adhesive is $3 at Wal mart.
Good luck getting a new mirror mount wedge to stay put after gluing it to the windshield. They rarely stay put based on what I have seen over many decades.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If I can't get it, I'll have to visit a window replacement shop. That's my only other idea for it.

Reactions: Zero Six LE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts