Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in northern BC canada. Previously I have been a speed freak and as such I owned an older honda CB7 that was my baby. Gave it to my bro when i got bored. Got a 1993 ranger 4x4 practically given to me and found out I enjoy mud more then straight stretches. Currently looking at buying a 2008 Crew Cab Fronty 4x4, SE trim, with a 6 speed manual against my wifes wishes. Should be mine in a couple weeks. If not a new one is in order :) Figured I'd do some research on them before commiting to a $35k CDN truck though :) As stands, its the truck for me.

Always looking for mods though, so this was the place to check. Look forward reading ppl's feedback, and hope to have a fronty to join to the ranks here of the elite :D

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Welcome to the club! We have a lots of Cannuk's on the board.

Where in BC are you?

The wifey doesn't like frontiers or? I have an 08' CC LWB auto, stick wasn't an option

·
Registered
191 Posts
Are you the same guy that has been commenting my vids of my truck on you tube??

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Are you the same guy that has been commenting my vids of my truck on you tube??
who? I haven't, but now I want to see them lol.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the club! We have a lots of Cannuk's on the board.

Where in BC are you?

The wifey doesn't like frontiers or? I have an 08' CC LWB auto, stick wasn't an option
Wife can't drive stick...which is actually a good thing cause then I don't have to share...but bad since she still has a say in whether I buy a vehicle or not.:comphead:

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has crappy Uniroyals on it. Always have plans when I buy a vehicle :D Just a matter of affording them. Would like to get fog lights on it right away, so I'll be doing a OEM install of those and the CAI. Exhaust down the road. And a slight body lift, maybe 2 inches or so to fit some beefier tires on. That, and a custom decal for the rear window...if it doesn't look gay, simply cause I drew the picture years ago and needed a sweet ride to fit it to :D

But as stands, I'm open to suggestings. I live in the north and as such, the vehicle will never be lowered or sport low profile tires.

Lift kits only :hick:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Welcome to the boards fellow BCite. Everything you want to know is here. Your not too far away, myself and Zedbra are an hour north of Vancouver.... future road trip perhaps? Hows the 4x4ing up there?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the boards fellow BCite. Everything you want to know is here. Your not too far away, myself and Zedbra are an hour north of Vancouver.... future road trip perhaps? Hows the 4x4ing up there?
Believe it or not, I haven't done any serious 4x4ing. I've had my ranger 1 year, but with 320k km on it (and a 4L v6 which has a bad rep) I've been nervous to go out on my own.

My brother-in-law is a 4x4 enthusiast, he just finished work on his second 4x4. Originally he owned an 84 or 85 yoda. Massive lift in that thing.

His new build is a 94 mazda 4x4 4L V6. Has a body lift and suspension kit, as well as sitting on 35's, and about a million other things. Hopefully I can convince him to go out with me here in the spring and teach me how to properly 4x4 before I destroy a new(er) frontier :D

As for not being far away...its like a 10 hour drive to Van from Prince lol. But if I find out about some sweet trails, maybe you'll drag your butts up here and laugh AT me, WITH me :D

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
But as stands, I'm open to suggestings. I live in the north and as such, the vehicle will never be lowered or sport low profile tires.
Lift kits only :hick:
Those look like the stock size at 265/70/16's. CAI, OEM fogs, each are good items. I think the trucks look real good with a 265 / 75 /16 and about a 2'' lift. plan sounds good to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts